The New Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so with some of the problems we've had with the 99 burb, breaking down on side of the road with 3 kids is not fun, and the amount of miles I was racking up on the diesel it was costing quite a bit. We decide to go LOOK at some trucks and found this one. Almost decided not to but the salesman, same guy who sold me the diesel, gave me a higher trade in value and dropped the price on the burb. So we decided it was a go.
So the truck
2014 Chevy Suburban lt
Just a hair over 41k miles but we got an bonus warranty for 7 years or 100k miles so up until 141k bumper to bumper excluding glass breaks an chips an light bulbs.
Seating 2/3/3
Has the lc9 5.3 v8, so far I'm impressed with the power it has even when the entire family is in it.

Plans are kinda basic.
Level or 2-3inch lift.
Swap the h/t for some a/ts
Swap headlights and taillights
Put an exhaust on so I can actually hear this thing.
Plus some random things evetually.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Awesome truck! Did you ask the guy if the lift and oversize tires would void the extended warranty he gave you?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fortunately most of the dealers deal with this question alot. Basically unless I'm lifting it higher then 6 inch they'll still warranty the truck. After 6 inch they tend to void certain things cause the lift puts more stress on some components.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just some more pics, looks so low compared to the 99.

Interior pics are from the dealers website
Also never knew they switched to electric fans so engine bay looks empty

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well day 3 of having it and it's already at dealer cuz service air bag light popped up. Not to happy, hopefully just something loose or bad connection

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
uh-oh hopefully thats not a sign of things to come. Good thing you got the extended warranty. Be sure you keep up with the extended bumper to bumper warranty also instead of just the 100k power train warranty.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well day 3 of having it and it's already at dealer cuz service air bag light popped up. Not to happy, hopefully just something loose or bad connection
Mine had the same problem. I guess they have junk sensors under the passenger seat from the factory, threw a new one in and never saw the light again.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup they called an I just picked it up. Sensor underneath the passenger seat. I googled it and some ppl apparently have the sensors in the front bumpers go out as well and they cost couple hundred. Any other things abt these gmt900 I should kno @Biggershaft96

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get ready for dash cracks if there not already there. And i don't know if by you're year they've changed them out but the drl's are prone to going out. And the brake switch on the pedal is prone to going out. I've replaced the one on my old 09 Silverado and the wife's Tahoe.