The new 96 6.5 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been 3 years without a 400... 3 years to long. found this one on the local truck club, had been sitting for quite awhile. 96 6.5 with about 340.000km seller said it ran good and shifted good, go to check it out, engine oils low, trans fluid is brown.... great. i bought it anyway. drove it 100km home without an issue. got the 4l80e in it with a 14 bolt? new batteries, new windshield, rusted to no end, new air filter. appears the hydroboost is leaking unfortunately.

dont really know what direction im gunna go in, but the build will be fast. stay tuned! would love to hear some input from everyone.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those mud flaps look so out of place! Are they a requirement in your area?

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, just threw the mudflaps on when im towing anything. Had them lying around wanted to see if they would fit. Fender flares are off on driver side due to rust, getting a replacement fender on the front this week and rocker guarding some of the side of the truck, so needed to do prep work before i did anything and needed em off anyway. But they are sitting in the garage

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
day two, picked up some oil and an oil filter, drained the oil. realized i didnt have a filter wrench big enough, sold the tires and rims for 300, started sanding down for some rocker guard, also picked up some rocker guard.. took off the front end in leu of the new headlights coming, and fender and hood removal. and lastly, detailed the interior

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a huge 6.5 fan. I got the diamond block in mine. What do you plan to go for speed?

im thinking just a straight pipe for now.. if i keep the truck, probably a ECU and maybe hx 35? for sure going to do a turbomaster. the diesel world is new to me so not sure where to go after that, dont really wanna dive into an IP or anything with supporting mods with this truck i dont think

That dash looks like a 95 dash.

95 and 96 dash both had this one.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
picked up some new rubber today. 285/55/20 ko2s on factory denali rims, some tread left. enough for a year. came with all 4 tires and rims + 4 spare rims(with sensors oddly enough) for 150 bucks, i have never seen such a deal in my life. they dont seem to hold air though, so taking them to the tire shop tomorrow to see what the situation is, the needed to be balanced anyway. ordered new headlights last night, brakes, lock assembly, hood release last night. should be here this week.. and yes thats my DD, 2010 silverado diamond white. 3.5" RC with 22x12 XD misfits on fury country hunter M/Ts, cat back, player 3 performance tune, and stock otherwise. just love the thing as a daily.