The money pit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gavin_coish_7

Reaction score
Here's a little history on my never ending project.
My uncle owned a red, standard Trans 89 gmc stepside sle. I had loved his truck ever since I could remember and had always bugged him to sell it to me when I was old enough to drive. Around 2004 he had the truck repainted silver (not my personal favorite but that's it) and put a 3 inch body lift with 33's on mickey Thompson rims. He used it for a few more years going to and from work and then parked it because of engine issues. Now Fast forward to February 2011. The day I got my license I got a call from my uncle who invited me down to his house for what I thought was going to be a celebration beer for passing my drivers test. As I walk through the door a think fast was said as a set of keys hit me in the chest, the 89 was mine! And was a gift at that, I was overwhelmed. Right off the bat the truck needed serious attention the old 305 was toast it was leaking everywhere possible and only ran on 5 cylinders so first thing I bought was a crate 305 that had been sitting in a gm wear house in ontario for nearly 15 year's for $1800 to my door. After that I saved for months and bought myself a set of 35 bf Goodrich m/t and a 3 inch ready lift. Almost directly after I lost the clutch so after another month or so of saving a new centerforce performance clutch was bought and installed. I used the truck like this for a few years adding stuff along the way such as homemade bumpers, a roll bar, long tube hooker headers with a custom true dual exhaust with purple horneys and glass packed monza pacesetter tips, a throttle body spacer and cold air intake. Now due to the 3 inch torsion key my front end was taking a beating, I replaced many, many front end parts over the years. After getting a trade, getting a real good paying job and a new gmc sierra I have finally started to redo the 89 I have recently bought and installed a 6 inch rcd lift, newer control arms (upper and lower ) and a somewhat new front diff with 4.56 gears. As of tonight I am doing a overhaul on my rear end and putting a new set of 4.56's in the rear end. It's time to get this thing looking mint again, any questions or suggestions are welcome I'll do my best to answer and I'll keep updating as this build goes on!

-gavin

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

gavin_coish_7

Reaction score
Last one is a video from when I did the exhaust

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk