The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Oh, your rite the pic don't do it justice at all. It looks a lot better in person. I have well over 40 mods on the truck. All subtle little differences, well LOL most are subtle anyway. When I first started taking it to the car shows, I felt a little out of place. It's not a 69 Camaro, or a 68 Elenore clone with a GT500 engine, but it gets a lot of attention. I wish we could all get to gather for a meet, but traveling rite now for me is out of the question.
Yep if the Bayou Roundup was anytime soon, it would be getting postponed, or I would at least be seriously considering not coming. If my last Austin trip was this weekend instead of a couple weeks ago, I may not be going ( does that make any sense?) Hope things are settled by Labor Day weekend.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep if the Bayou Roundup was anytime soon, it would be getting postponed, or I would at least be seriously considering not coming. If my last Austin trip was this weekend instead of a couple weeks ago, I may not be going ( does that make any sense?) Hope things are settled by Labor Day weekend.
Hummmm, you can't count on anything these days.

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
Hello everyone, nice group! This is my 1997 c2500 that I ordered new in 1996. It’s a Cheyenne with the bright appearance package. I ordered everything heavy duty that I could get, 8600 gvwr, 350, 4L80E, 3.73 locking rear, rubber floor/ vinyl seat, cruise, ac, second from the bottom radio with tape deck, sliding rear glass and tilt wheel. It’s up to 284,000 miles and never been apart. It’s been worked, but never abused. I have always loved it, and it makes me happy that these have really caught on.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, nice group! This is my 1997 c2500 that I ordered new in 1996. It’s a Cheyenne with the bright appearance package. I ordered everything heavy duty that I could get, 8600 gvwr, 350, 4L80E, 3.73 locking rear, rubber floor/ vinyl seat, cruise, ac, second from the bottom radio with tape deck, sliding rear glass and tilt wheel. It’s up to 284,000 miles and never been apart. It’s been worked, but never abused. I have always loved it, and it makes me happy that these have really caught on.
Good lord that is one clean machine!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dang that’s clean!! I LOVE those vinyl seat, vinyl floor, roll up window trucks. So simple and easy. You’ve kept her nice!

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
Good lord that is one clean machine!
Thanks! It was always an Ohio truck until recently; I at least rinsed it off after a salting.

Dang that’s clean!! I LOVE those vinyl seat, vinyl floor, roll up window trucks. So simple and easy. You’ve kept her nice!
Thanks! That was exactly my intention. I wanted a good old truck someday that didn’t have a lot of stuff to go wrong or break. I really love the bare bones feeling of it now that trucks have evolved into what they are today.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks! It was always an Ohio truck until recently; I at least rinsed it off after a salting.

Thanks! That was exactly my intention. I wanted a good old truck someday that didn’t have a lot of stuff to go wrong or break. I really love the bare bones feeling of it now that trucks have evolved into what they are today.
That is sweet! That's the kind of truck I'm looking for, if I ever have any $$ to get one. When I was in high school, my family had an independent auto parts store, and we had two shop trucks that were the square body equivalent to yours. Good ol' trucks, that got the job done. Wish I still had the yellow 78, my dad fixed it up a little and it was badass for a mostly stock 350.