The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is to nice to start messing up the chrome... of course this is just mho. I like old school chrome. Man, if I had a truck that was unmolseted , id leave it like that until you had some major motor issues that required a rebuild or replacement. Then id only change a the motor and just a few exterior parts but leave all factory chrome.

Reaction score
Your truck is to nice to start messing up the chrome... of course this is just mho. I like old school chrome. Man, if I had a truck that was unmolseted , id leave it like that until you had some major motor issues that required a rebuild or replacement. Then id only change a the motor and just a few exterior parts but leave all factory chrome.

Yeah I know, I look at it sometimes and think I'll just leave it original. I can't go anywhere without someone complementing it. Thanks for the input.

Slohand65

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bought my first Suburban last month. 97 K2500, 7.4 177k miles. Motor was replaced by a GM reman sometime after 3/11 according to the tag on the right side of the block. So far just doing basic maintenance (change all fluids, plugs wires cap rotor And sticker removal) and just replaced the injectors (Bosch) and fuel pressure regulator. Also replaced all lights with new housings (glass lens headlights) and every bulb in the truck is now led. Put the front air dam back on and the tow hooks. New set of TreadWright 245/75/16 all terrain tires as well as shocks, hubs and steering stabilizer.

Last edited: