The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View media item 31981New member. Two weeks ago I bought this 350-powered '89 Stepside Regency Conversion truck from an insurance auction. It came with no keys and lots of little broken bits. So far I'm up to $100 in RockAuto parts and $100 in Pull-A-Part parts. The battery took a charge nicely, but the oil looks like chocolate milk and the pistons have achieved oneness with the block. No worries, I have a 9.5:1 350 with a .520 Lunati cam in the shop. If the block cleans up it will likely replace the cracked block in my '99 Suburban.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
View media item 31981New member. Two weeks ago I bought this 350-powered '89 Stepside Regency Conversion truck from an insurance auction. It came with no keys and lots of little broken bits. So far I'm up to $100 in RockAuto parts and $100 in Pull-A-Part parts. The battery took a charge nicely, but the oil looks like chocolate milk and the pistons have achieved oneness with the block. No worries, I have a 9.5:1 350 with a .520 Lunati cam in the shop. If the block cleans up it will likely replace the cracked block in my '99 Suburban.
Nice conversion! It deserves a spot in the Custom Conversion Truck Thread: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/the-custom-conversion-truck-thread.42967/

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That truck screams potential. Welcome to the forum.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a pretty nifty conversion truck. Would be pretty cool to get back on the road. I miss those days as a young teenager when those trucks were rolling around brand new.