The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A lot, maybe 100s of thouslands of GMT 400s. It was common on vans, Burbs, and Tahoes. Trucks are a little more rear.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There should be a tag somewhere on the truck that says something like goodtimes or whatever. Usually in the cab somewhere. May be just a sticker IDK.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wood trim was also a part of the conversion trucks, some even had custom overhead consoles made of wood and center consoles made of wood. I think my dad's conversion has a built in radar detector in the overhead console, but not sure, conversions could've had some cool little hidden goodies/gadgets installed on them.

I also believe conversion companies took low optioned Silverado's and made them look more fancy.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1990 Chevrolet C1500, 350, Auto, 2wd, Regular Cab Stepside

My build thread:
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/swap-meet-slam.42821

Basics:
Ridetech StreetGRIP Suspension System (4/6 drop)
American Racing - Classic Torq Thrust II 20x8 & 20x10 - 245 & 275/40R20 Nitto NT555 G2
Power Mirrors
Double DIN radio (Sony XAV-AX1000)
Borgeson 935 Steering Shaft
Mini-restoration on the suspension & interior

The beginning:
You must be registered for see images attach

What it looks like now:
You must be registered for see images attach

More to come... :D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Noob here.. Back into a GMT400! I found this baby in a garage locally and just had to have her!
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
Interior pics? know any history or details on it?

RST_c1500

Reaction score
Wood trim was also a part of the conversion trucks, some even had custom overhead consoles made of wood and center consoles made of wood. I think my dad's conversion has a built in radar detector in the overhead console, but not sure, conversions could've had some cool little hidden goodies/gadgets installed on them.

I also believe conversion companies took low optioned Silverado's and made them look more fancy.
Here is my RST with the Regency conversion, It is obviously a long way from being perfect. I just got it so I haven't event started the project yet. But it has everything you said including the radar detector.