The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
As a C1500 owner, why do you KX500 owners trucks always look better? Hell, I've seen some C2500/C3500 trucks that look better than mine :(

DeckArtist

Reaction score
That's true, but see, to people who buy a "newer" car or truck that's the whole point of the monthly payment, is they're investing in something that repair bills will hopefully be far and few between on. It looks like a solid truck that won't have any major problems for a while but the way I see it, if you took that $400/month note and continuously invested it in a 400 you could easily have the ultimate truck...The biggest problems you could encounter is the drivetrain engine/trans/gears/tires things like this...Yeah the frame and body is old but it's just sheet metal and we don't get rust here in the south so really once you invest in a solid motor/trans you're pretty much golden. It's easy to make these trucks get good gas mileage as well with a tune up and the right gearing. My beef is people constantly ditch an older car and take on a truck note because the older car that's paid for was costing them too much but in reality they're paying a ton more just for the re assurance that some little something won't break, and in reality it's way cheaper to fix their car and keep on. The problem is people don't care enough for their used cars like some of us care for our 400's. That's just my point of view I think the nnbs is pure awesome but I had to state my case purely from a $ spending perspective.

Good place for a first post on the forum. I strayed from this idea twice over the last 20 years and bought two 2005 GMC trucks on the payment plan, the second of which I am currently driving. It will be paid off 2020. The truck will then be sold and a second GMT 400 that I will pay cash for [aside from my 3500 454 Dually] will take over as the daily driver. My thoughts are no more payments and that all my payment cash will go to improvements for both trucks. My house and my shop will also be paid off that same year so there will be lots of truck money!:D

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I dig no car payments. As a matter of fact, I have owned 3 reliable daily driver (project trucks don't count) Gmt400's over the past 20 years, and I've never had a car payment.ever. cash up front ($3k and under for all) and some normal routine maintenance type things every so often. I'm sure doing the work yourself/not paying for labor helps the bottom line when it comes to affordability though.
-Hauled a pallet of concrete to work today, had er parked up on the dirt pile and it reminded me of the "like a rock" gm work truck commercials from the 90s.thought I'd share

sparetimefab

Reaction score
My 99 Suburban. 5/7 djm underway. The goal is a mild, clean custom

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

95_GMC_350

Reaction score
1995 GMC Sierra
4/6 djm drop
Tbi 350
20x8 incubus wheels
Going to start phase 2 body and paint next summer.

95_GMC_350

Reaction score
1995 GMC Sierra
4/6 djm drop
Tbi 350
20x8 incubus wheels
Going to start phase 2 body and paint next summer.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I've posted here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my '94 K1500 with a 350 and a 4L60E. This is how it looks now. I didn't take any pics when I first got it, but it had some headlights, tail lights, and wheels that weren't my style. So I swapped them back to stock for a fresh slate. I also replaced some steering components and the exhaust because they were shot. The trucks got 276k miles on it.

,nice trucks y'all,anyways I'm looking into a supposed 94 Silverado doesn't have the 94-98 chevy Silverado grille and has a 60/40 front bench with no console and its a k1500 z71 5.7 litre 350 tbi v8 extended cab shortbed,im fairly certain I'll find out its actually a Cheyenne...oh well all that can be changed if I choose to.