The Journey Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have quite a project there. How did the PO manage to run it until seizure without realizing something was amiss. I expect there is a story there. What are your plans? Restoring to a good functional truck status or something wilder? This looks like a good opportunity to fix everything else that is worn but if the mileage is correct there should not be too much to do for a while other than the engine.

Ron Taylor

Reaction score
actually it was the owners teenage son ... nuff said. I am farther along with the build as it began two years ago. New 350 crate motor, new 700r4 transmission and a new fitech 4 barrel fuel injection system. I will post progress pics in the next few days.

Ron Taylor

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics of the spun bearing and scored crank. There was a lot of evidence that the transmission was ready to fail (metal particles in the oil). The rear end had been replaced as well. I concluded that the drive train had been severely abused.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid start sir!!! Welcome to the forum. i look forward to your updates and upgrades!!