The Jaggernaut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiring pr0n. I spent MLK day running the wires from the back end of the car up to the firewall. It's amazing how clean the vinyl sheathing and rivet-on zip tie holders make wiring.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm waiting on some red heat-shrink female spade connectors for the fuse block wiring, and once I have that I can wire from the fuse block outward. I absolutely love that I can order bulk terminals, sheathing, rivets, etc. and have it delivered to my house in a couple days.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got about three hours in the shop today before I developed a headache from the cold. Enough time to get the switch panel mostly done.

Of course it didn't help that I started the day at Cars & Coffee in 20°F weather.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Did I see a Merkur XR4TI? I haven't seen one of those in forever.
Yup I think that is one of those rare birds. "Mare-coor" proper German pronunciation LoL.
Known as a Ford Sierra in Europe, and Hot Wheels has just put one out this year. Don't have one in the trailer or I would post a pic....
Update: I found one in a store, here's the picture....

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_195805588_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230208_195805588_HDR.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did I see a Merkur XR4TI? I haven't seen one of those in forever.
In the mid 80's when they first appeared in the U.S. I knew someone that had one, dark blue IIRC. Several of us took a quick dash from Houston to Galveston (beach town) and he kept it floored almost the entire way, scandalously over the limit and I'm amazed we didn't get pulled over. The stretch of I-45 getting close to Galveston is a fairly notorious speed trap. Anyway we get over the causeway bridge and all of us smelled something burning, so he pulled over, pops the hood, and the exhaust manifold is glowing RED hot. Ya kind of expect this being a turbo car that had just been flogged for the last half hour solid, but this combined with the burning smell was concerning, but none of us could figure out where the smell was coming from. I was eating a bag of O'Grady's Au Gratin potato chips (best chips ever, RIP) and tossed a couple onto the manifold to watch them burn, so it would at least have an excuse to smell. Buddy was not impressed. "Don't throw chips on my engine!!!"

They were odd-looking rides..

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wiring's coming together. I need to rework the relay bracket again to hold a lighting relay.

I need to add another connector to the mini-dash with wires for the oil pressure warning light and the charging system failure light. The gauges are currently wired with a single 5-pin connector and the gauge lights are wired to come on as soon as you turn the ignition on.

I'm still considering separating the lighting and running it off a runner from the lighting relay. If I do that I'll add a dimmer. The engine harness is done and vinyl wrapped. It looks pretty clean, but I still have the fan and light wiring to finish up under the hood.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always hoped those XR4Ti's were gonna be a Sierra RS Cosworth available in America. They weren't.

It's super cool to see this big girl get to fighting weight. Jaguar makes such good looking cars, these are no exception.
When I was a kid in England these XJ's were driven by businessmen and gangsters. Living in London I saw plenty of both!