The good old days "Rubbing was racing"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
The ole "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday." Also the era where you could buy from the factory the same displacement they raced with. Now it's a joke.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
My Grandpa raced cars like that, my dad ran in an open class car at our local figure 8 track back in Iowa, and open is the class which was run whatever you could, no limits on the cars,
I've looked at getting into the hobby stock class for racing, but even though NC is the heart of NASCAR, there's really not any small timer dirt tracks near me.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Grandpa raced cars like that, my dad ran in an open class car at our local figure 8 track back in Iowa, and open is the class which was run whatever you could, no limits on the cars,
I've looked at getting into the hobby stock class for racing, but even though NC is the heart of NASCAR, there's really not any small timer dirt tracks near me.
What part of NC ?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
During the time that my dad and I were doing it we ran Bomber class and the cars we built was 50's & 60's cars... 54 Mercury, 55 ford, 58 short tail ford, 58 long tail ford, 60 ford it was fun and the best times of my younger days.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
What part of NC ?

Piedmont, I'm about 30 minutes from Charlotte Motor Speedway;

During the time that my dad and I were doing it we ran Bomber class and the cars we built was 50's & 60's cars... 54 Mercury, 55 ford, 58 short tail ford, 58 long tail ford, 60 ford it was fun and the best times of my younger days.

My grandpa built a couple of 50s Chevys, I think a 60 something Pontiac; my dad built a couple of Monte Carlos and I think a Pontiac and an Oldsmobile at one point. Same went for my uncles, Montes and whatnot. They all ran Open class too,

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Piedmont, I'm about 30 minutes from Charlotte Motor Speedway;

My grandpa built a couple of 50s Chevys, I think a 60 something Pontiac; my dad built a couple of Monte Carlos and I think a Pontiac and an Oldsmobile at one point. Same went for my uncles, Montes and whatnot. They all ran Open class too,
I go to Murphy at times and use to go to a dirt track in Brasstown, but has been awhile since I have been to it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That may be the good ol' days, but let's be honest: that tank was probably slow as balls and an absolute death trap. No hate, just sayin.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That may be the good ol' days, but let's be honest: that tank was probably slow as balls and an absolute death trap. No hate, just sayin.
How fast is anything on a 1/4 mile dirt track, death trap ? In all the years we done it I never knew of anyone getting killed ! Sorry I will try to find you some pics of my grandsons really fast Prius. No hate just sayin