The Custom Conversion Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
@Stumpy is correct, should be a sticker on the drivers door on how did the conversion.

That is still a nice conversion though! Its cool how they painted the black plastic on the grille body color, some conversion companies I've noticed did that, some didn't.

I do wish I could find a 90-93 Mark III in baby blue, that would probably be the only conversion truck I'd trade my 98 for.

Brendon Brant

Reaction score
No sticker on the inside of the drivers door, near the latch? There were a ton of those around, back in the day. My dad had a baby blue one, with a bunch of real wood in the interior. Even then I thought it was cheesy. I believe his, like many others, was done through Choo Choo Customs.
The drivers door has been replaced so it doesn't have that sticker. Do you know how else to tell which company made it? I could probably go to the dealer who sold it because he isn't far from me

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
The drivers door has been replaced so it doesn't have that sticker. Do you know how else to tell which company made it? I could probably go to the dealer who sold it because he isn't far from me
Unlikely but maybe there's a sticker in the glove box, by the RPO sticker. If the dealer knows anything, I'd be surprised. I don't know if these trucks were documented anywhere, would be interesting to see some numbers, if they are.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
tahoe.mkIII, it looks like you have the exact same dash and door wood pieces as my truck. They just appear to have darker stain.

Reaction score
I concur. The running boards/skirts look like the mark 3 ones that were on the mk3 hoe I had.

Reaction score
tahoe.mkIII, it looks like you have the exact same dash and door wood pieces as my truck. They just appear to have darker stain.
They are close. The trim on your dash bezel is a little thicker and the door pieces have an additional top piece.mine is all fake plastic wood veneer...I like that center console as well. I took mine apart to sand/restrain it, turns out it was made with teak wood

Brendon Brant

Reaction score
Unlikely but maybe there's a sticker in the glove box, by the RPO sticker. If the dealer knows anything, I'd be surprised. I don't know if these trucks were documented anywhere, would be interesting to see some numbers, if they are.
Ok I found the special order number how do I look it up

Brendon Brant

Reaction score
They are close. The trim on your dash bezel is a little thicker and the door pieces have an additional top piece.mine is all fake plastic wood veneer...I like that center console as well. I took mine apart to sand/restrain it, turns out it was made with teak wood
Is there a way to find out which conversion I have with just the special order numi