The Custom Conversion Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen a 3/4 or 1 ton CCLB or ECLB customized? I love the custom work, but need the towing capacity and full bed of the bigger truck.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen a 3/4 or 1 ton CCLB or ECLB customized? I love the custom work, but need the towing capacity and full bed of the bigger truck.
Plenty...Western Hauler for example. Look 'em up. One of their specialties were taking crew cabs and extending the body like a combo of a crew and extended cab, and adding a gooseneck style bed. And, of course, the usual custom paint, wood interior trim work, TV's, etc. They're still in business afaik and also do heavier truck conversions.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one on that truck must be like lifting a boat!

Ya know, if ya unbolt that thing, flip it over, attach a 5hp Johnson to the back y'all be gator fishn in no time :anitoof:

Seriously though, I have one on my short bed (******* brand, quickly took the badge off that!) and the struts are borderline at the moment, that if there is a slight downward wind, the cover drops on your head. :Big Laugh: It would be coming off if there were no gas struts or they were worn as it would just become a nuisance lifting with one hand.

Reaction score
Had 2 conversion Gmt400's so far. 99 Tahoe k1500 mark 3
97 Silverado k1500 by sherrod
The mark 3 was swanky, lots of wood grain inside, upgraded leather, tube tv with vcr, custom overhead console with mood lighting, and fiberglass running boards .unfortunately it got rear ended.now the interior, doors and hood are on the sierra.
The Sherrod had less swank, and way more squiggly decals, but it had 100k on the odo and the cleanest undercarriage/motor I've seen in an east coast gmc yet. Had leather&suede bench seats, cheaper woodgrain, beefed up 2500 suspension, and some bulky running boards.+ I bought it from an Amish guy.

Reaction score
Well,the guy that sold it to me was a Mennonite farmer from pennsyltucky, but his mechanic/the guy he bought it from was amish. I'm not sure what those folks coated the underside of the truck with, but it was so clean. We've been calling it magic Amish oil

Last edited:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I have a 1993 conversion truck. Currently trying to find out who made it. how do I know who made it?
No sticker on the inside of the drivers door, near the latch? There were a ton of those around, back in the day. My dad had a baby blue one, with a bunch of real wood in the interior. Even then I thought it was cheesy. I believe his, like many others, was done through Choo Choo Customs.