The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91blkstpsd

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hay brah, this be a ortamatic. Made dis consel and teh shifter jus bolts to teh flor. Its a Lokar shifter.

^LOL^

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my center console that I am working on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Do you guys think the center console out of the new nnbs would fit in an obs?

I measured a friends LT2 console and the width is way to wide, at least +1.25" IIRC. I was disappointed as it would of flowed with the interior well IMO

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a build thread on the TYF.com but I just thought Id show off my nbs center console in my Limited here... Mayb if theres enough demand ill post it over here 2...

Last edited:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok ok ok, u twisted my arm..! Hi everyone,
new member to the site and first thread, but long time follower and reader. I bought a center console(upper/lower nomounting bracket or electronics) for an 02 hoe and would like to get it into my tahoe limited if any one has attempted this or knows some that has and can give me a few pointers i would greatly appreciate it...
!!!!UPDATE!!!!

So here it is... It was shea in color no mounting bracket, no Electronic components.

After removing about 12 or so screws, its completely part.

I placed all the plastics in the tub and gave them a good scrub with some dawn dish soap. this is an important step before painting.

Here I simply hung these pieces up with sum fishin string.

I used 3 cans and put on 3 coats, this stuff worked great and its very inexpensive and its available at any auto store.

after the 3rd coat...

now here this bracket will not sit flush against the lower dash of the obs so some trimming is in order...

before trimming

After trimming... *note the 3rd pic* the console will not sit flush to the dash on the passengers side so some fiber glassing is going to b needed to make this look correct also you will have to rigg something so that the small compartment pockets are functional... To brace it down I used some simple L brackets and bolted it down to the floor and thats all... there was really nothing to complicated about this upgrade i seriously encourage every1 to give this a shot... If theres n e thing i can do 2 help please let me know and ill try to do my best... i hope this thread will atleast get u started of on the right foot...