The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any good options to replace the stock center console/arm rest on a 97 K3500 with the split bench?
Been Googling but haven't come across anything.
Buckets and a floor mount would be ideal but not there yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never knew the escalade or yukon denali center console ever existed until I saw one at the local pull a part last week so I grabbed it for $25. It's in rough shape but the bose sub is good, missing CD charger which I don't care because I'd rather have the extra space inside. The rear controls were destroyed, I wish there was a pocket to go in its place. The rear cup holder was gone and the latch was also missing, I grabbed the amp but it doesn't sound like it's worth trying to use it? I guess for $25 bucks I can't expect much.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I never knew the escalade or yukon denali center console ever existed until I saw one at the local pull a part last week so I grabbed it for $25. It's in rough shape but the bose sub is good, missing CD charger which I don't care because I'd rather have the extra space inside. The rear controls were destroyed, I wish there was a pocket to go in its place. The rear cup holder was gone and the latch was also missing, I grabbed the amp but it doesn't sound like it's worth trying to use it? I guess for $25 bucks I can't expect much.
I have an Esky console in about that condition, got it cheap to do some experimenting with. Mine still had the 6 disc changer, and I have another changer from another Escalade. I've been told that the Bose systems use a different resistance on the speakers, so all of it has to be together to work properly. I thought that was interesting, considering the head unit looks exactly like the regular " premium sound " head unit except for the Bose logo. At one time I knew a Delco trained radio technician, but it's been several years since I had him work on anything for me. He did great work, but even 15 years ago, the parts for these were getting scarce....
My original plan was to use one of the changers in my Burb, in a different location.....

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every vinyl cover ive come across at the junk yard has had the same issue as mine, it has separated/bubbled up under the flap thing, i removed it and it looks just as good without it,

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gutted mine and ran a regular old amp I had sitting around. Sounds excellent and way bigger than it should.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a terrible picture of my custom, single purpose, center console…

Attachments

• 1CD9412F-6806-4B02-B1D7-72AD515A24E5.png
    1CD9412F-6806-4B02-B1D7-72AD515A24E5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 48