The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question: My truck has the original center console between the bucket seats. The lever for the lid was broken off and I just bought a replacement lever for the lid from LMC but they did not include the screws to attach it and the screws were gone on my lid when I got it. Does anyone know what size or type of screws were used on these to attach them so I can go to the hardware store and pick some up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for all the guys who installed the nbs consoles. What did everyone do about mounting placement between the seats? As in when you open the lid, and the lid hits the pass side arm rest? Did anyone move the console more towards the dash to clear it? Or am I just being too picky, and need to tell my passageners not to use the arm rest?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kirk

Reaction score
Nice thread with good ideas. Have you seen the gun safes you can insert in some consoles? I saw a bunch in Amazon.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a truck that had am odd console I've never seen. It is. 98 with buckets and floor shift transfer case. The console runs from under the dash to behind the front seats. It is all open, just a bunch of compartments with no lids. Was this a factory piece or aftermarket?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for all the guys who installed the nbs consoles. What did everyone do about mounting placement between the seats? As in when you open the lid, and the lid hits the pass side arm rest? Did anyone move the console more towards the dash to clear it? Or am I just being too picky, and need to tell my passageners not to use the arm rest?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just mounted it in the same spot as the old one. It hits the armrest but not enough to bother me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a truck that had am odd console I've never seen. It is. 98 with buckets and floor shift transfer case. The console runs from under the dash to behind the front seats. It is all open, just a bunch of compartments with no lids. Was this a factory piece or aftermarket?

I realized I took a picture of it. Has a CB mounted and a 1998 vintage cell phone setup. Current owner hasn't cleared it out yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I realized I took a picture of it. Has a CB mounted and a 1998 vintage cell phone setup. Current owner hasn't cleared it out yet.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks aftermarket to me. Doesn't look like a bad console though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk