The 'BurbBarian' build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long overdue update. if anyone happens to see this. LOL. i have had it under a tarp since last post in my side yard. i have a terrible little SAAB 9-3 convertible. i hate this car. nothing but problems. im going to sell to some unlucky soul if i can. and if i can i'll just scrap it. then register the BurBarian. ive learned so much about mechanics currently top of my class in automotive. not really satisfied with my performance though. most classmates even though im in advanced have no clue what the heck they are doing. anyway, this Burb' is soon to be registered and rocking the road. my plans for now are: small cam, valve springs, headers, maybe new exhaust, as you guys suggested on the first page a small tune, close to stock sized tires, maybe a shift kit down the road, 3.73's in both diffs would be nice. a few Escalade pieces here and there thanks to 88GMCtruck's Black Fox build. and a full gmc conversion. that's all for now.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So. long time no see eh? anyway, not long after my last update drivers side head gasket and rear coolant crossover gasket finally eroded so it was pissing coolant onto my driveway. along with that the windshield or roof markers made a big enough gap for water to leak into the cab onto the drivers floor mat and trans tunnel when i either wash it or it rains. i needed a new windshield anyway so there's half my problem solved once i get a new one. in the mean time i've done a ton of work to that Saab i have but still need more before it's road worthy. i've also been helping my friend work on his dads 1989 Chevy V30 Crew Cab (Squarebody) Cummins swap stay on the road with basic maintenance. his family did the swap back in 2008 using a mint 1st gen SCLB they had that was just too small to carry their family around. they say it was done in about 2 1/2 months running and driving. ill see if i can include a picture i took next to a junkyard we were at.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New ideas. I've been tossing the idea of manual swapping my Burb. So at my school in Auto Shop we have a 1996 Gmc 2500 350/Nv4500/Np241 setup as the shop truck. however since we have nice school budgets theres a new Nv4500 there that was put in last year. despite the rest of the truck having 437,000 miles im not scared of the transmission ive driven the truck and it shifts nice even though the 350 is toast that could be a good thing for me because the body is beat to all hell and the motor being blown nobody would really want it so i could possibly pick it up for cheap, we got a new shop truck for auto and every year the district auctions off the unused or broken vehicles such as this truck. it has everything i need except and ecu flash so it doesn't rely on any signal from the 4L80-E basically flashing that ecu with a manual tune. besides front drive shaft, The transmission itself, the clutch pedal and brackets along with the clutch slave cylinder, a new Flywheel and clutch to mount to the Bigblock, i believe i recall the bellhousing is the same for the Big block and Small block i could be wrong, possibly swap the input shaft on current Np241 to the one from said truck because there were different input shafts with different spline count depending on the transmission. i seen one when looking a few years ago where a guy did it in a suburban and said the indents for the Clutch slave cylinder bolt holes were in the firewall. what else do you guys think i would need to complete said swap? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you guys could share as i am trying to learn as much as i can.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, scrap the solid axle. Nothing is gonna get done to the BurbBarian for quite awhile. However my friend had a first gen Cummins 4x4 that was totaled by a stupid lady in her 40’s that stopped in the middle of an intersection only to get hit by 9,000 pounds of Cummins. Long story short, he bought a 1973 GMC Crew Cab Dually and we are Cummins swapping it right now. And 4x4 swapping lol. I’ll post pictures in the next post.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update on His Cummins swap. We have motor mounts 12 valve is pulled we have a new radiator and are reusing the stock Cummins intercooler. We are using the Dodge 46rh trans and keeping the transfercase on because he will eventually 4x4 swap the dually. That’s all for now guys.