Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the advantages of doing it this vs buying an off the shelf battle born or some such lifepo4 200ah unit? Cost savings? Cool factor? Some other advantage?
It's just what I use and have confidence in, and how I do it.... everyone is welcome to spend the money/time and try new stuff. I'm just not at that place with this build.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just what I use and have confidence in, and how I do it.... everyone is welcome to spend the money/time and try new stuff. I'm just not at that place with this build.
More curious than anything, spent a lot of time researching Solar etc, for a setup I have on my trailer from a few years ago. My SLA battery bank is getting long in the tooth and just considering options for when I need to replace it. Modular build your own stuff is cool…

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More curious than anything, spent a lot of time researching Solar etc, for a setup I have on my trailer from a few years ago. My SLA battery bank is getting long in the tooth and just considering options for when I need to replace it. Modular build your own stuff is cool…
Right on..... when I got into the lithium stuff, I just started building them from individual cells. I know you can save some money and find them pre-built and then just rewire to your needs, but once again, I'm super comfortable and confident with the way I'm doing it. I know what these cells will do and how they will hold up to total abuse!!! I've got customers with 10k-30k watts and these cells never miss a beat! Zero issues!!!! Anyways, that's my outloud thoughts...haha

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
No need for capacitor, but they still have their place. It's just technology that not needed like it use to be. When voltage was scarce and demanded by the vehicle, big bass transitions needed a little help.
That and ye olde AB loosely regulated amps of the late 90s till digital took over were often current hogs… to meet size and price point constraints, those often didn’t have enough capacitance on board to begin with.
So they’d pull down system voltage, meaning they needed even more amps which pulled it down even more and so on till the note stopped… a large cap would generally stop that initial drawdown for just a fraction of a second which was often enough to get ”over the hump”. The rest of the myths behind them was malarkey, braggadocio, and puffery.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure does look real sexy those turbo covers and filters!!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Got a few more parts in today....
1/2 gal tank and I decided to use the Viair 480c knockoff off, by Viking Air. It was half the price, but we will see if it holds up!!!

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just picked this up on marketplace, for a decent price, Neal Chance 10" 4000 stall. I know its not what I want, but it will get me rolling and making shake downs!

Probably the only person on here complaining about a chance converter. Sad times we live in bro.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the only person on here complaining about a chance converter. Sad times we live in bro.
Haha....... I don't even know how to respond to that comment.

How many people on here have a 1000+hp build? How many have you built? How many converters have you ballooned under power? How many of your builds live in the 5-8000 RPM range? I could ask questions like this all day!
Talking down to me cause I've done my homework and KNOW what it's gonna take to accomplish my goals.... uncool bro!!!!