Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of those last night to rebuild the 48v battery on my home-built trike. I went to expand my battery pack from 13s1P to 14s1p and one of the original batteries ballooned. Fantastic batteries. Crazy powerful. I love that they now put screw terminals on the ends. My original batteries have the flimsy tabs on them.

Out of curiosity, why a 4s6p? Those cells can handle 400a output each. A 4s2p would give you 800 cranking amps. A 4s3p would be a nice amount of overkil at 1200 CA.

I highly recommend using a BMS to help keep the cells in balance.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of those last night to rebuild the 48v battery on my home-built trike. I went to expand my battery pack from 13s1P to 14s1p and one of the original batteries ballooned. Fantastic batteries. Crazy powerful. I love that they now put screw terminals on the ends. My original batteries have the flimsy tabs on them.

Out of curiosity, why a 4s6p? Those cells can handle 400a output each. A 4s2p would give you 800 cranking amps. A 4s3p would be a nice amount of overkil at 1200 CA.

I highly recommend using a BMS to help keep the cells in balance.
I know it's overkill.... a fellow installer friend and were discussing it when I was ordering it. It's so cheap to build, why not...... I might go with the original 4x4 plan, but I've never ran a complete car on lithium. We always isolate the lithium to the amplifiers...... so it's kinda new territory for me.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lithium vs regular battery car audio question for you…
I assume the lithium doesn’t have the voltage drop a regular battery has during a hard bass song, do you still run a capacitor as you would a regular battery or is that old un needed technology.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lithium vs regular battery car audio question for you…
I assume the lithium doesn’t have the voltage drop a regular battery has during a hard bass song, do you still run a capacitor as you would a regular battery or is that old un needed technology.
No need for capacitor, but they still have their place. It's just technology that not needed like it use to be. When voltage was scarce and demanded by the vehicle, big bass transitions needed a little help.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the advantages of doing it this vs buying an off the shelf battle born or some such lifepo4 200ah unit? Cost savings? Cool factor? Some other advantage?