Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, over the weekend I tried to install my rack-n-pinion, and well, got some education on the different front ends. ECI lists on their website that their bracket uses the Mustang II rack, and so I ordered one for a 78 Mustang II. That particular rack has a 16" center to center mounting and the ECI bracket needs a 15 1/2" center to center. I don't know where the mistake is, I'm assuming fault is on my part, IDK.... Anyways, I contacted Unisteer and they are working out the paperwork to get me the right one.....

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Yeah I have stock brakes all around still and just did the fronts. So NBS master with rear drums should be plenty unless I do the Cunningham machine RR brake setup, it's like $400 for the whole shebang. But the LSMFG is slightly more and is possibly better quality but not sure.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Things for 9" rears are cheaper lmao.

I am going to push the GM 10 Bolt to the point of which it grenades lol, then I will build a 9".