Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight's stopping point....

You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Surprised to see drive studs and leaf springs on the same vehicle. I thought for sure you would use a 4 link!

Just saw the leaf link! Oops!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see drive studs and leaf springs on the same vehicle. I thought for sure you would use a 4 link!

Just saw the leaf link! Oops!
When I spoke with the guys at QP, I guess we had a good conversation. I told him my build, and my future upgrades and he said "I got ya!" Threw me a killer package deal price, I paid, and here I am! I figured he would give me 3" course studs, but he sent me the show!!

I've got the Calvert Racing caltracs with the split mono leaf. My team has some pretty good experience working with that setup, and Calvert Racing is putting cars in the 6's with leaf springs. All I can do is cross my fingers and send it!! Haha

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget the fact that Wh4t3v3rs is a "green" build. 1) Recycling a classic truck into something useful. 2) Recycled exhaust helps power the truck.
3) Probably going to run on a mixture of corn based renewable fuels, too!

Green is good! Lol!
You always know what to say to make guy blush! Yyyaaaa .... I'm gonna squirt popcorn poop through it!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO, since I have taken this build up a notch and I won't be driving this thing EVERY day like I would have liked. I'm starting to look at a few intakes. Nothing immediate, just starting some research.
If you have MotorTrend on Demand, watch Engine Masters Season 4 Episode 51. They tackle the "more plenum volume is better" myth. The takeaway is that past a certain point, more plenum volume does nothing and don't bother with a plenum spacer. Your runner length matters more. That said, I have zero experience with LS motors.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
If you have MotorTrend on Demand, watch Engine Masters Season 4 Episode 51. They tackle the "more plenum volume is better" myth. The takeaway is that past a certain point, more plenum volume does nothing and don't bother with a plenum spacer. Your runner length matters more. That said, I have zero experience with LS motors.
I watched this one on youtube.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, couple things.... after some consideration I'm gonna leave things alone with the motor! I've done research, tons and tons of math, phone calls, picked peoples brains, and my motor is a solid build. I'm not gonna change the intake, or try to make mechanical changes this late in the build.
Reason being, this is a learning set up! It's gonna make 1000hp at the wheels and that's enough to learn the suspension and software and get it pretty fast.
Thoughts behind that are...... I have a Gen IV 6.0l that i got from a good good friend that owns a salvage yard for a fellow racer and he never picked it up. SO, instead of dumping that motor on my friend, I manned up and bought the motor. I just put it in the back of the garage and didn't really know what I wanted to do with it till now......
It will be built, THE RIGHT WAY!!! That'll be in "The build of Wh4t3v3rs v2.0".

Anyways, hope to get some free time tonight to work. I'll keep you posted!!! Thank you for following along and interacting!!!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well, couple things.... after some consideration I'm gonna leave things alone with the motor! I've done research, tons and tons of math, phone calls, picked peoples brains, and my motor is a solid build. I'm not gonna change the intake, or try to make mechanical changes this late in the build.
Reason being, this is a learning set up! It's gonna make 1000hp at the wheels and that's enough to learn the suspension and software and get it pretty fast.
Thoughts behind that are...... I have a Gen IV 6.0l that i got from a good good friend that owns a salvage yard for a fellow racer and he never picked it up. SO, instead of dumping that motor on my friend, I manned up and bought the motor. I just put it in the back of the garage and didn't really know what I wanted to do with it till now......
It will be built, THE RIGHT WAY!!! That'll be in "The build of Wh4t3v3rs v2.0".

Anyways, hope to get some free time tonight to work. I'll keep you posted!!! Thank you for following along and interacting!!!

Kinda like me I am going to push the 350/4l60e til I pop it and then I'll swap the 5.3L in and do what we had been talking about.