Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
You happen to know what the taper is on our spindles for the rod ends, so I can correctly put a kit together?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You happen to know what the taper is on our spindles for the rod ends, so I can correctly put a kit together?
I do not, I haven't worked through the details yet. I've glanced at a few rack units and read a little on the bump steer, but I haven't started picking parts yet.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interested in this setup. Curious what it would take to run/find a greased rod end to make it more serviceable for daily driver status.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
You can find 9/16-18 OE styled tie rods, the trick would be finding one that is the same taper as our joints, or drilling them out and finding an insert to press in.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find 9/16-18 OE styled tie rods, the trick would be finding one that is the same taper as our joints, or drilling them out and finding an insert to press in.
This is what ECI offers on their power rack-n-pinion kit. I've tried to contact them for individual parts and they aren't really interested that.....

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
This is what ECI offers on their power rack-n-pinion kit. I've tried to contact them for individual parts and they aren't really interested that.....

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah I emailed them too lol. They are more wanting to sell the whole kit rather than components. But what I don't get is the Rod ends have a service life so they should tell you what they are lol.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the rack & pinion bracket awhile back & have been gathering all the other parts. Have everything ready to go except the ends. Not opposed 2 reaming my spindles, just haven't had any time to do the research. Adulting sucks sometimes

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Yeah I am going to be sticking with my gear box for a bit before I decide if I want to do the rack swap. I have other priorities like getting the LS swap going and turboing it lol.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am going to be sticking with my gear box for a bit before I decide if I want to do the rack swap. I have other priorities like getting the LS swap going and turboing it lol.

Well, if I like it or not, I'll be getting it figured out fairly soon and hopefully that will make yours easier!!!