Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what made you choose Calvert over say VASFab?
I guess the deciding factors were familiarity and that Calvert racing offers a leaf spring upgrade for bigger horsepower. I know VAS has incredible 60 foot times, but Calvert Racing is doing that and putting cars in the 6's. My goal is 11-1200HP. No way to make that stick with stock leafs....we have a 68 Camaro thats dealing with stock springs and the inconsistencies. Its just my opinion though! I know everyone has their preferred way of going fast, but I've never built anything this fast so I'm just watching and seeing what works and what doesn't, forming an opinion and plan, and then swing for the fence......

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what made you choose Calvert over say VASFab?
I guess the deciding factors were familiarity and that Calvert racing offers a leaf spring upgrade for bigger horsepower. I know VAS has incredible 60 foot times, but Calvert Racing is doing that and putting cars in the 6's. My goal is 11-1200HP. No way to make that stick with stock leafs....we have a 68 Camaro thats dealing with stock springs and the inconsistencies. Its just my opinion though! I know everyone has their preferred way of going fast, but I've never built anything this fast so I'm just watching and seeing what works and what doesn't and swing for the fence...

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the deciding factors were familiarity and that Calvert racing offers a leaf spring upgrade for bigger horsepower. I know VAS has incredible 60 foot times, but Calvert Racing is doing that and putting cars in the 6's. My goal is 11-1200HP. No way to make that stick with stock leafs....we have a 68 Camaro thats dealing with stock springs and the inconsistencies. Its just my opinion though! I know everyone has their preferred way of going fast, but I've never built anything this fast so I'm just watching and seeing what works and what doesn't, forming an opinion and plan, and then swing for the fence......
With boost 60ing is the easy part...

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I guess the deciding factors were familiarity and that Calvert racing offers a leaf spring upgrade for bigger horsepower. I know VAS has incredible 60 foot times, but Calvert Racing is doing that and putting cars in the 6's. My goal is 11-1200HP. No way to make that stick with stock leafs....we have a 68 Camaro thats dealing with stock springs and the inconsistencies. Its just my opinion though! I know everyone has their preferred way of going fast, but I've never built anything this fast so I'm just watching and seeing what works and what doesn't and swing for the fence...

Makes sense 100%, I myself am not going for that lofty of a HP goal, only 300-400hp so I am unsure if I will be using traction bars.