Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always assumed (I guess, I don't remember anyone telling me about it...) that since bigger subs have lower frequency responses bigger was better for low end. Guess it would matter less in a tuned port box, but I have always preferred sealed.
See, someone has been pulling your leg......haha

Most subwoofer have a frequency response into the 20s, which is way below what the human ear can hear. You have to feel those frequencies. Most boxes are tuned to 32-40hz wich is perfect for 95% of the music out there..... I have one Sundown Audio x10 in my beater work truck with 2800 watts just smacking you in the face!!!

Sew, I believe most people mistake volume, how loud, for frequency responses. Those 6 and 8 inch subs play the same frequencies as that 15, that 15 just has more physical cone area to.move more air at that low frequency, so It plays it louder...... thats why we do MULTIPLE small subs, for the physical cone area. So the sub box as a whole playa the frequencies at a big volume......

Last edited:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#TEAMJUSTSENDIT is in route for the 405 for some RACING!!!!!

#JOLENE316
#MEANGREEN316
#CHOPSUEY

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The website won't let me post the videos. It says the file is to big... so give me a while. I got back this morning at 6:30 and my first appointment was at 11. I'm running a little slow. I'll get them shared!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This site is pretty restrictive on attachment sizes, you might be better off uploading them to YouTube and then embedding them here.