Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I haven't made a post in a minute, but here's where I'm at...... my Holley EFI is reading 4-5 lbs of boost or 129 kpa at startup and idle. It doesn't drop after fire, what so ever. If tried 3 different MAP sensors and the problem still persists. I've triple and quadruple checked my wiring with no solutions. I believe the problem may be in a corrupt firmware,,, maybe!!!

I bolted me new flexplate up and installed my stall/transmission, but the problem is with my stall having a 11.5" converter bolt pattern and my flexplate having a 11.065 pattern. So I'm gonna make the stall fit, just cause it's not a permanent part!

I ordered all the -6 an parts for my transmission/cooler. Should be here end of the week, first of next.

I've finally took the time to make up my 1/0 charging cable and get some expandable mesh loom on it. Just need to run the wire and install the alternator. That will allow me to start and reach operating temperatures.

Contacted Vi-King about my rear shocks, and will get them ordered next payday. That will allow me to set pinion angle and weld mounts to the rear-end and finish it up. Drive shaft in the near future!!!

I just keep slugging away at the to-do list!!!!! Thanks everyone for their support, ideas, and help!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my Holley EFI is reading 4-5 lbs of boost or 129 kpa at startup and idle.
Have you verified that you're not making boost at idle? I've heard of cases where engines and exhausts flowed better than expected and resulted in boost creep, but I have zero experience with it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can make a pressure chamber to test it. Short piece of PVC, capped at both ends then MacGyver on an air chuck and a hole for the MAP sensor, attach with a band clamp or something.

Not that this helps, but I'm running the GM 2.5 bar MAP with a pigtail adapter I bought on eBay.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you remove your wastegate and fire it up? If you're still reading boost with an open system, there's a problem. If not, tee in a manual boost gauge, that will tell you if you're indeed making that much boost at idle, which I doubt for a variety of reasons.
If you're not making boost but the Terminator is reading it, that's a Holley problem...

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the CO2 on? Maybe you are leaking into the intake ...

You could unclamp one of the BOV and stick your hand over it.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, when you power up your ignition, without start, your map sensor should read 98-99, and it shows 129. I can change the map sensor from a 5 bar to a 3 bar and it gets close..... something isn't right though! I thought maybe the efi had the map scaling wrong so I manually built my map with values provided by lowdollar, no luck! It starts and runs, but it's super rich.