Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well,I haven't made an update in a while. So here's where I'm at.....

Only had 7 of 8 D585 ignition coils, so number 8 will be here Thursday.
Line lock, tee blocks, inline brake light switch, and misc will be here Friday.
Have bought oil, filter, and coolent.
Alternator and starter next order.

Would really like to hear this thing run in the next two weeks!!!!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update......

I'm going to do the 15+ volt power and charging system. Brand X is going to build me 300 amp alternator with a race rotor, so it'll withstand the 7000+ RPMs. I'm gonna build 64ah 4x4 14.8 volt resting lithium power cell. More efficient fuel pump, bigger sparks, larger gaps, and cooler coils are just some of the positives...

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vanderhoof had an interesting 16 volt setup for his Sick Week mustang.
Sounds like you have a solid plan for the electrical system an no doubt some of that car audio experience is peeking through lol. Seems some of the 16 volt setups like to fry things when on the charger. I’m interested to see how the electrical system plays out because the i’m in the stage of laying mine out and on the fence as to which route to go.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vanderhoof had an interesting 16 volt setup for his Sick Week mustang.
Sounds like you have a solid plan for the electrical system an no doubt some of that car audio experience is peeking through lol. Seems some of the 16 volt setups like to fry things when on the charger. I’m interested to see how the electrical system plays out because the i’m in the stage of laying mine out and on the fence as to which route to go.
I believe the problem people are having, is they're not taking into consideration what the battery does when it gets cold. I know 16 volts is my limit on the fuel pump and 24 volts is the limit on the Holley ECU. Everything else im not to worried about! With those limitations in mind, I decided to use the Brand X adjustable voltage regulator and I believe they sell a line conditioner that guarantees a solid, constant voltage. That will be limited to 15 volts, well under my fuel pump limit......

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the problem people are having, is they're not taking into consideration what the battery does when it gets cold. I know 16 volts is my limit on the fuel pump and 24 volts is the limit on the Holley ECU. Everything else im not to worried about! With those limitations in mind, I decided to use the Brand X adjustable voltage regulator and I believe they sell a line conditioner that guarantees a solid, constant voltage. That will be limited to 15 volts, well under my fuel pump limit......
Yeah Holley pointed out if you were to use a charger for the 16v system when drained that it would be good practice to isolate and just use the charger for the battery to prevent “dirty power” from potentially damaging components.

That would be more to my liking. Voltage regulator with constant power anyway. Thanks