Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice!

Have you figured out how you're going to control the pump speed on the Aeromotive yet? From what I've been reading getting a 0-5V PWM signal from a Holley PCM isn't particularly easy to do, if even possible.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Have you figured out how you're going to control the pump speed on the Aeromotive yet? From what I've been reading getting a 0-5V PWM signal from a Holley PCM isn't particularly easy to do, if even possible.
It just wires into your TPS.... the speed controller is built into the pump.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It just wires into your TPS.... the speed controller is built into the pump.

Yeah I know about the integrated controllers (which is awesome IMO, less clutter) but I was just curious where you were getting the 0-5V signal from. Splicing into the TPS signal makes sense to me, but I saw a couple people on various forums saying it wasn't the best idea. If you say it'll work I believe you though!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know about the integrated controllers (which is awesome IMO, less clutter) but I was just curious where you were getting the 0-5V signal from. Splicing into the TPS signal makes sense to me, but I saw a couple people on various forums saying it wasn't the best idea. If you say it'll work I believe you though!
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guess I missed the mention of the TPS in the "Mode 1" wiring instructions, I had that pulled up earlier. A guy on the Tri-5 forums that said a Holley support agent advised him against using a TermX TPS signal to run an Aeromotive pump but he never specified why... I found a few other reports of people doing it successfully.

Sorry if that was a dumb question, I've never dealt with a pump that uses a controller like these and I just find it interesting.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I missed the mention of the TPS in the "Mode 1" wiring instructions, I had that pulled up earlier. A guy on the Tri-5 forums that said a Holley support agent advised him against using a TermX TPS signal to run an Aeromotive pump but he never specified why... I found a few other reports of people doing it successfully.

Sorry if that was a dumb question, I've never dealt with a pump that uses a controller like these and I just find it interesting.
Come on bro, there's no dumb questions on this thread!!!!! If you don't know or don't understand, just ask!
Everyone on my team run the Aeromotive brushless pumps of various sizes, use Holley EFI from Dom to TermX, and we use TPS signal. From my knowledge we have never experienced any problems or difficulties using that signal. IDK what problems others are experiencing, but I trust Aeromotive when installing Aeromotive.....