The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hooter71

Reaction score
Hey guys planning on running 2in zone bl. My question is what will have to be done with my 4x4 shifter. It's on the floor I read a couple pages but didn't see this question anywhere

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres my buddies truck, well its not like this anymore. this is with cranked torsion keys, and a 3" body lift. tires are 35x14.50x15 super swamper boggers.

You must be registered for see images attach

its now sitting on 55" boggers and the floor being taller than 5'8".

Man love this truck

HOFer30

Reaction score
I'm putting in a 3 inch zone lift tomorrow, I have 93, my only confusion I'm having is what to do with the automatic transmission linkage. Any help?

MLX10

Reaction score
On an 89 4x4 manual 5 speed. Does anything need to be extended with a 3inch BL? Can't find the answer in this thread.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
On an 89 4x4 manual 5 speed. Does anything need to be extended with a 3inch BL? Can't find the answer in this thread.
youll need a steering extension and a shifter extension. The shifter extension isnt entirely necessary i dont think. Someone else will probably chime in on that.

MLX10

Reaction score
I was banking on the steering extension but I wasn't sure about the shifter. I want it to work as smoothly as possible, so if a shifter extender is benificial then I'd like to do it. Where can I buy them and how hard are both extensions to install?

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm putting in a 3 inch zone lift tomorrow, I have 93, my only confusion I'm having is what to do with the automatic transmission linkage. Any help?

As far as I know you just pull the cable linkage through the floor more. I had to remove my seat to get at it properly under the carpet. Zones instructions are very informative.

HOFer30

Reaction score
I ended up just detaching the linkage, installing the lift, and then reattached and adjusted the linkage and it works great. Much appreciated though

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 89 we had to weld a piece to the linkage. The steering shaft got a extension. It's funny that after 25 years I'll be removing it to bring it back to stock
I had 35s on it but it required a suspension lift with a BL. If did put 4:56 gears with 35s and later 4:10s with 33s. Currently it has 33s which is plenty. Truck has 393,000 miles and it still torquey. I'll be rebuilding the motor in a year or so. The stock 33s fit better with the stock wheels as it sucked the tire in the wheel well. When I put the rock crawlers on there it started hitting the fender corners and. wheel well corners with the 35s. I'm actually taking all that off and going to go with a sport truck / 454SS theme.
The one thing I wish I had was the quad headlights. I don't care for the composite look. A family member did that but I don't like it.