The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowboi

Reaction score
I run 285's without trimming, sits level enough with the rear. depends on offset aswell. 285's actually look a tad small, looking for something a little bigger before SAS lift. If needed, I could snap a picture for you.

Last edited:

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run 285's without trimming, sets level enough with the rear. depends on offset aswell. 285's actually look a tad small, looking for something a little bigger before SAS lift. If needed, I could snap a picture for you.

You're 2WD? I just ordered 32x11.5x15. I'll post a picture once they're on

Snowboi

Reaction score
Sorry, 4x4. I do have a 3" BD, but have seen folks run 285 on the stock 16's..

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Also factor in 2wds have a narrower track width. On factory offset wheels they will rub the frame.

coast2coast

Reaction score
My 97 3inch ZONE BL 33"bfgs everything relocated for the lift
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice looking truck. Do you have any pictures looking more straight at the side of the truck? Looking to go this rout with mine, just trying to figure out what look/combination would be best to go with still. Thanks

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone who has actually done the shift link extension, and the transfer case shifter extension, can you please post some pics? I've searched through quite a few pages on here, and haven't seen it yet.

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
Anyone who has actually done the shift link extension, and the transfer case shifter extension, can you please post some pics? I've searched through quite a few pages on here, and haven't seen it yet.
Tried the cut/weld directions included with my lift, but I found it pretty problematic welding the two together - OEM and lift kit metals seems to be slightly different, and had a hell of a time getting quality welds with it. First weld broke off while tightening the bolt on the steering linkage.

Took a trip to the junkyard, pulled a few shift rods off the trucks out there (just need a 13mm combo wrench) and bent them to shape. Works better than the weld, imo. Also - ensure that the truck is in Park before doing this. The neutral safety switch in the pre-1994s are located in the steering column rather than the transmission and if the steering level on the trans has been moved during the lift, it will start in drive. Ask me how I know :(

Stock steering linkage is on the top, bent steering linkage is bent at the lowest bend nearest the transmission:

Would be interested in seeing t-case extensions as well, though.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Figured I'd would ask this here rather than start a thread.

Since I'm not gonna be able to get a 6in RCX for another 2-3 years from now and I'm starting to get bored with my 97 cranked level with 285's. I've been debating more lately about a 3in BL.. But would that really be a better choice than just 2in blocks an cranking the front end? I already have a set of 2in solid blocks I got from a friend in case I ever wanted to use them

Also I'm interested in any pics anyone has of a 3in body lift with 285's, if the BL is the route I end up taking I would prefer not to have to buy new tires considering I just did a month ago!

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone