The '93 and Me Photography Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwatt38

Reaction score
Alright, this is the thread where I will post all pictures and updates regarding my '93 K1500 Suburban. So we will start with how I got it, list everything that I have found that needs work, share some plans, and then.......wait.

This will be a slow build as I am the sole provider for my household currently, family man, and other hobbies. I do intend on making this my primary focus until I get it road worthy and can drive it daily to work without major issues. Then we will dive into the camping part of the build.

You must be registered for see images attach

jwatt38

Reaction score
This bad **** was being used as a river toy, the first thing I had to do was remove tons of clay mud from the underside. I tried using my lawn tractor, and a regular sprayer on the hose. Slow progress. I borrowed the power washer from my work and that seemed to do the trick, there is still some mud but mostly it's been removed. Now I could start making the list.

The interior is fine. No rips, no cigarette holes. Stains, of course, smells not super great. Nothing major at all.

jwatt38

Reaction score
The only thing that appears to have been done on this thing was a ghetto/redneck lift. The tires are dry rotted 36" Super Swampers. I will be going a tad smaller and a lot less aggressive for my tire choice. That's a ways off and will be getting some AT tires in the meantime. Everything else is bone stock.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man those are some beefy tires. Nice truck though. Very classic color. If that was mine I probably put vinyl flooring to clean easy off and go to town offroading :)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also slight hijack. Any suburban owners out there.... notice the trim covering the black metal plates where the spare tire goes...... that's what I was talking about previous gens subs had them lol. Looks so much better covered.

jwatt38 you got a nice rig. Cant wait to see what all you do