Texas Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOTS of spin got put on that subject, to the point that I really don't know who to blame - the greenie weenies for expecting us to survive on wind and solar, or the gas plants for delaying proper maintenance. I suspect it's a combination of both. That, and we have a governor that always seems to wait to see what smarter people are doing before he jumps on board. Too bad he's the far lesser of two evils we have to vote for, yet again.

Richard
Well Said! There are those that lead, those that follow, and those that impede. I see Abbott as leading only if there is a low risk of negative backlash. I don't remember him really Proactively getting ahead of the problem with a direct aggressive action. I see this as just a good old boy politician that won't roll up his sleeves and get the job done as quickly as needed and effectively as required without caring a bit about political damage that happens. We need more like that in all our offices. Do the job and what is required no matter what.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well Said! There are those that lead, those that follow, and those that impede. I see Abbott as leading only if there is a low risk of negative backlash. I don't remember him really Proactively getting ahead of the problem with a direct aggressive action. I see this as just a good old boy politician that won't roll up his sleeves and get the job done as quickly as needed and effectively as required without caring a bit about political damage that happens. We need more like that in all our offices. Do the job and what is required no matter what.
Yup, there's lots more to the job, than,"all our ideas are good and everyone else is stupid lazy and corrupt"....

T-StarkFab

Reaction score
from royse city Tx.

Attachments

• DB5FC6C4-47BD-4F2E-9D73-BF5F23735D3B.jpeg
    DB5FC6C4-47BD-4F2E-9D73-BF5F23735D3B.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 166CC594-B56B-4D87-BC6B-47A8F0997200.jpeg
    166CC594-B56B-4D87-BC6B-47A8F0997200.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 86639D8E-E95D-469B-AB53-37393DD839FE.jpeg
    86639D8E-E95D-469B-AB53-37393DD839FE.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 10

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOTS of spin got put on that subject, to the point that I really don't know who to blame - the greenie weenies for expecting us to survive on wind and solar, or the gas plants for delaying proper maintenance. I suspect it's a combination of both. That, and we have a governor that always seems to wait to see what smarter people are doing before he jumps on board. Too bad he's the far lesser of two evils we have to vote for, yet again.

Richard
FYI gas plants have been winterized for decades with insulation on pipes and electric heat traces or hot water.
We have gone to through great measures to keep the gas flowing. Yes people died because they froze, yes people where in discomfort. We where working in the elements day and night doing what we could trying to keep everything going

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI gas plants have been winterized for decades with insulation on pipes and electric heat traces or hot water.
We have gone to through great measures to keep the gas flowing. Yes people died because they froze, yes people where in discomfort. We where working in the elements day and night doing what we could trying to keep everything going
Fair enough - with no specific knowledge the public just has spin to go on. And as I'm sure you're aware, there was plenty of it, with seemingly very little fact involved.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
For those who are in the Houston, Texas area, the Houston edition of the Auto Rama custom car show is this weekend, Thursday through Sunday, at the George R. Brown convention center downtown. Go to O'Reilly's to get your tickets and save $2 per person. Come see me in the swap meet!