Texas Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Cool! I've never been around a 4x4 much unless an awd 06 Yukon XL Denali counts. We towed the same rigs with it ,to Austin and Lafayette, and it did well too, a little better in Austin on the hills. But that truck is a stationary project that I don't have time, money or patience for any more. 205,000 miles on the 6.0 and 4L80E and they need a little much attention. When we got it, was a damn good truck, and pretty too, but now it's just old. Once we get my Dad's estate settled it will be for sale
I learned how to drive and bought my first truck (the 1999 Blazer) in Anchorage, AK... Save for my 03 Blazer (which is the only one I bought here in Texas), all my trucks have been 4x4 lol.

A Texas meet needs to happen. @ShadowRejects is in the Frisco area last I heard if he ever comes around here anymore. Met up with him a few years ago. I'm down to travel a few hours if needed.

If you see me around Arlington, honk at me lol
You must be registered for see images attach

That's a clean lookin truck! I drive through on I20 about once every 4 weeks or so.. Live in Longview, work in Kermit.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I learned how to drive and bought my first truck (the 1999 Blazer) in Anchorage, AK... Save for my 03 Blazer (which is the only one I bought here in Texas), all my trucks have been 4x4 lol.

That's a clean lookin truck! I drive through on I20 about once every 4 weeks or so.. Live in Longview, work in Kermit.
Yes I used to have a friend who lived in Alpine; he was a professional musician and had family in Austin. He'd drive from Alpine to Austin in one day, then hub out of there to play gigs in Houston, D/FW, SA, etc. Hed had a Burb exactly like mine except his was 4x4. Living out there, he needed it. He towed a 5x8 trailer with it for the band's gear that they didn't want in the truck. He loved that truck, but his wife wasn't to keen on it. She paid for any repairs and maybe was a teensy bit jealous?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
A Texas meet needs to happen. @ShadowRejects is in the Frisco area last I heard if he ever comes around here anymore. Met up with him a few years ago. I'm down to travel a few hours if needed.

If you see me around Arlington, honk at me lol
Nice truck! Yours is the gold color, right? Looks a little more brassy than the platinum like mine

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nice truck! Yours is the gold color, right? Looks a little more brassy than the platinum like mine
I've seen this color code look like many different shades. You've got mine, you've got some that look lighter (more platinum as you described), and then you've got this. He claims it's the same paint code. I don't see how.

My paint is called Light Autumnwood Metallic

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I've seen this color code look like many different shades. You've got mine, you've got some that look lighter (more platinum as you described), and then you've got this. He claims it's the same paint code. I don't see how.

My paint is called Light Autumnwood Metallic
Interesting because I was believing that light autumnwood was the GMC name for the Chevy color called platinum. That's what color both of my trucks are. I think it's code #11, would have to check the build sheet. On overcast days it looks more silver, but the closest comparison I can make is the color of a carburetor, that gold/silver hybrid anodized color, or cadmium plating on grade 8 nuts and bolts. There is a pure silver color that looks like cast aluminum, and a gold that looks brassy. In greater Houston the platinum is by far the most popular of the 3. I was also discussing this with Pinger, the pix of his Burb he's posted looks to me like it's platinum color. Guess the paint code number would be the final say but those are different from year to year too....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the middle color on my 'burb, it's called Quicksilver.

You must be registered for see images
Yes that's it! Tell me more about the Monte in your picture, I've always loved those first generation ones and had one after high school. It's beautiful!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes that's it! Tell me more about the Monte in your picture, I've always loved those first generation ones and had one after high school. It's beautiful!

Thank you! They're really cool cars.

It's a '70, first year. Around 90K miles on the odometer believed to be accurate. All original interior but it's been painted once. It's a factory 400 small block car with TH350 auto, one of only a couple hundred made with the 400 SBC. My dad scooped it up from one of his buddies about 10 years ago and we've been slowly giving it some TLC. We've had to rebuild the engine twice in that time but it's running very well these days. It's got a bunch of Edelbrock goodies and a mild cam upgrade. No idea on actual power numbers but it's got enough torque to pull a house down if you could keep the tires from spinning.

Sorry for derailing the Texas thread, I'm a Missouri resident. :lol: Would love to make a visit down there one of these days though, I hear it's great.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thank you! They're really cool cars.

It's a '70, first year. Around 90K miles on the odometer believed to be accurate. All original interior but it's been painted once. It's a factory 400 small block car with TH350 auto, one of only a couple hundred made with the 400 SBC. My dad scooped it up from one of his buddies about 10 years ago and we've been slowly giving it some TLC. We've had to rebuild the engine twice in that time but it's running very well these days. It's got a bunch of Edelbrock goodies and a mild cam upgrade. No idea on actual power numbers but it's got enough torque to pull a house down if you could keep the tires from spinning.

Sorry for derailing the Texas thread, I'm a Missouri resident. :lol: Would love to make a visit down there one of these days though, I hear it's great.
No problem! Texas probably has more pleasant winters than where you're at. Is your car the dark metallic green or black, can't quite tell from the picture. Otherwise it's like I was wanting to build mine. Didn't get it done on a high school budget, ended up scrapping the car but still have some extra parts.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem! Texas probably has more pleasant winters than where you're at. Is your car the dark metallic green or black, can't quite tell from the picture. Otherwise it's like I was wanting to build mine. Didn't get it done on a high school budget, ended up scrapping the car but still have some extra parts.

I'm sure the Texas winters are much more pleasant than here. We can see temperatures in the negatives at times and the DOT salts the crap out of our roads when the weather is bad.

The car is a dark charcoal gray. The factory color was a lighter silver, you can still see it in the door jambs.