Termite's 95 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't made much progress in quite a while unfortunately. Other stuff has been getting the attention and funds the last several months. I have remounted the receiver to help my father-in-law get hay the other week.

I'm not too motivated to work on things in the gravel drive that turns to mud this time of the year. Hopefully I'll get the bumper back on this weekend. Have to see how i feel since I had all my wisdom removed yesterday morning and have four holes in my mouth now.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
No measurable progress today but did take the PYOs i picked up down to the local napa to have the bald tires taken off and the best one remounted on the spare wheel for a spare. Once they get that done, I'll pick the wheels and spare up to clean up the wheels and get ready to have my tires swapped over.

My son made out like a bandit down there and came home with a new truck from the owner of napa. Needless to say, he likes going down there with me.
You must be registered for see images attach

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Got around to "cleaning", by my low standards, the PYOs today. Son helped me scrub them with a brush and some soap. Clearcoat has some blemishes on outside and rough on backside but looks good to me.

Hopefully I'll get tires switched over this week by the shop next door to my work office. barring their price being ridiculous as they are an accessory dealer/installer.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a week off work coming up soon and plan to tackle front bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and sway bar links. Have had the parts sitting in the shed for somewhere around a year now and no time to do the work with the home "improvement" work we've done. In preparation, I ordered the Cunningham tie rod links and set of door bushings since 3 of 4 are sagging.

Next up, get a ball joint press and figure out how I'm going to deal with the lca bushings. Parts are all napa since the store is 6 miles down the ridge from me and they help me out

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Picked it up from the shop having tires swapped to the PYOs. I like it much better now. Just need to put the center caps on.

Also, got a delivery from Cunningham Machine. First door to be done is right rear, then maybe i wont have to open it for my son constantly.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Started on the front end rehab today and found a rubbed spot on abs sensor. Managed to get one side mostly disassembled but can't get the LCA off the torsion bar. Seized on there rather good, even with some persuasion it won't budge. Kids and i took a ride into town for a ball joint press kit from advanced since my new shop press can't be used under the vehicle. Picked up pizza on the way home to finish their day off on a high note.

Hopefully weather cooperates and i can get some time in on it tomorrow.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm getting pissed off at it now. Can't manage to get lca off the torsion bar despite having used a maul and more force than I'm comfortable with using on it. Ball joint press kit won't fit for the lower bushings and I'm running out of ideas short of drilling the rubber and collapsing the steel collars on themselves.

Anyone got some advice or suggestions for removing the lca from t-bars or dealing with the bushings?