Termite's 95 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Drove the suburban today and took a look over the plow not angling right. Seems someone decided not to fully seat the quick connect hose..... not sure who did that. Easy fix though.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
The picture evidence that I got the plow mounted up. Hunting down a new grille now and putting the center caps back on since the ice had melted from the lugs.

If I cant source a grille in a local yard, I guess I'll order one from somewhere. Maybe LMC or rockauto.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Last weekend I installed the "new" grille. Today after work and going for a walk with the family, finally connected the parking brake cables. Adjusted the service brakes and then the parking brake cables. Tomorrow, tree trimming at the in-laws and seeing why my MIL's 4runner wouldn't start this morning.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Update since Friday. Swapped the EGR on the suburban Saturday morning and reset the computer (pulled battery neg.). Sunday I took it for a quick test ride with the kids, no SES light after a warm up cycle and 15-20 minute ride down the mountain and back up.

Took it to get the kids this evening, SES light was on when I got in it after letting it warm up while I was letting dogs out of the house. Rear brakes may be touch too tight as well. Wants to slide the rear tires with a semi-firm brake application... gonna have to back that off a few clicks tomorrow evening and plug the laptop in to see what codes it is throwing now.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't 'fixed' anything on it this week but I did revisit the rear brake adjustments I made last weekend to loosen them up from wanting to slide the tires. Pushed a little now this morning, took the youngest kid to the doc before taking her back home to mom. Then took the middle kid with me to a friend's place to fix a leaking frost free hydrant at her barn thats leaking. Afterwards, filled it up with gas, 26.3 gallons and 181.1 miles...... up to 6.9mpg wooohoooo!!!!!!

Other news, got the heated oxygen sensor on hand yesterday, waiting or the harness and wire to install it. Also need to change the fuel filter that may be the one that was installed by the PO....seems I never changed it yet. Explains why I have two on hand.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Wired in the new 7-way trailer plug. Had to improvise a roof from a tarp since it decided to start drizzling rain on me. Picked up a new ratcheting crimper set for the task and put it to work.

Tomorrow morning, I'll hang the rear bumper and mount the bracket for the light plug. Then, off to grab a dump trailer and move some compost from the in-laws barnyard to my garden spot.

Need to pick up some more wire of various colors and uninsulated/heat shrink butt connectors to install the heated oxygen sensor.