Tell Me about your QA1 coil overs, good* bad* indifferent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gott'em coming next week and hoping I aint making an expensive mistake, little late to ask but that's what I do :33:
Bobby V

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I have them up front in my ‘90 with otherwise stock suspension. I like them a lot. I’ve run them at stock, lowered, and even slightly lifted heights and they ride really well. Mine are the 750lb springs, btw.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So got them on and its a shame that such a quality looking piece cant be seen lol, oh well I know theyr there. we left them in the middle settings, seems to ride better but hard to really tell so soon. I had spindles and they heated the clois for the drop so I know its better mechanically at least. Now on to the rear DISC BRAKE CONVERSION, BUT A LITTLE LATER CAUSE THIS ***** EXPENSIVE LOL.
Very pleased with the stance now, perfect

Bobby V

You must be registered for see images attach

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
So got them on and its a shame that such a quality looking piece cant be seen lol, oh well I know theyr there. we left them in the middle settings, seems to ride better but hard to really tell so soon. I had spindles and they heated the clois for the drop so I know its better mechanically at least. Now on to the rear DISC BRAKE CONVERSION, BUT A LITTLE LATER CAUSE THIS ***** EXPENSIVE LOL.
Very pleased with the stance now, perfect

Bobby V

Hell yeah man, that turned out killer. And I agree, these things are really good looking. I also have mine about middle way, I haven’t payed with the settings yet.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After driving a little bit around town I find that with the QA1's set on the middle setting I do rub on the more serious dips, but like I told my wife if it were an everyday driver Id raise it a scooche but since it s weekend warrior Ill jey it slide for now, the price we pay to look COOL eh.
Bobby V

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'Truck Trend Magazine' (Remember those?) did a series of articles on one of their projects where they lowered a '94 ExCabSB with the aim to make it handle cornering better.
'Project Bad-Ass'.
Although they only lowered it 2/4, they did add fat stickier 18" tires & wheels, a complete urethane body & bushing kit, an AGR Q/R S/box & upgraded pump, Hotchkiss sway bars & a set of QA1's 'Stocker Star' dbl. adj. shocks.
Then John Hotchkiss himself set up the shocks, detailing his whole process explaining how each setting on the compression & rebound affected the ride, both individually & in combination. The article contained a chart showing the actions/reactions of several different combinations.
That article was sooo helpful as there's 546 possible combinations with the double adjustables!
But...BUT...90% of the info on the whole build has disappeared into an internet black hole.
I have sent a message to John Hotchkiss, via F/B, inquiring as to the possibility of him still having that info jotted down somewhere. Even better would be a copy of the actual chart he used.
Or...if it would be possible if he could, once again, outline the process he undertook to get the shocks dialed in.
Cause, y'know, 546 combinations!!! Yeesh! A person could pull out a lotta hair figuring that out!

Last edited:

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
'Truck Trend Magazine' (Remember those?) did a series of articles on one of their projects where they lowered a '94 ExCabSB with the aim to make it handle cornering better.
'Project Bad-Ass'.
Although they only lowered it 2/4, they did add fat stickier 18" tires & wheels, a complete urethane body & bushing kit, an AGR Q/R S/box & upgraded pump, Hotchkiss sway bars & a set of QA1's 'Stocker Star' dbl. adj. shocks.
Then John Hotchkiss himself set up the shocks, detailing his whole process explaining how each setting on the compression & rebound affected the ride, both individually & in combination. The article contained a chart showing the actions/reactions of several different combinations.
That article was sooo helpful as there's 546 possible combinations with the double adjustables!
But...BUT...90% of the info on the whole build has disappeared into an internet black hole.
I have sent a message to John Hotchkiss, via F/B, inquiring as to the possibility of him still having that info jotted down somewhere. Even better would be a copy of the actual chart he used.
Or...if it would be possible if he could, once again, outline the process he undertook to get the shocks dialed in.
Cause, y'know, 546 combinations!!! Yeesh! A person could pull out a lotta hair figuring that out!

LOL like I said the middle setting is good enough, that would be way too much work ha-ha
Bobby V