Tech: 88GMCtruck's Budget Solid Axle Swap Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet build, have followed ever since I have been on a scavenger hunt for my sas. I was able to get a 241 from a 91 suburban with a 700r4 with the wiring harness still attatched to the sensors. When you hooked your transfercase up, did you use you gmt400 harness or did you splice the blazer harness into your gmt400 wiring?

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to use the same transmission crossmember setup as you did. I have my stock one as well as the one pulled from the suburban I got the 241 from. So basically from what I was able to see from your pictures is I need to make mine by using the middle section of the sfa crossmember and weld the outside mounts to this using the ends of the ifs crossmember right? After getting the correct measurements of course.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
did you mock this up to get the optimum height and distance? cycle it through to check for bind?

You must be registered for see images attach

maybe i missed it because , well because.....but how did you address bump stops?