Tech: 88GMCtruck's Budget Solid Axle Swap Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Do you have a parts list of what all you needed for this? And where to get it for the most part? I want to do this but mine is a 97 and wasnt sure how much different the process would be.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Do you have a parts list of what all you needed for this? And where to get it for the most part? I want to do this but mine is a 97 and wasnt sure how much different the process would be.
Most of the parts are listed on the first page, at least the parts i used.

Any more details on the front spring packs you made? Just wondering how you did it and what springs you used.
I used 2 sets of 5-leaf 1/2ton rears from a 73-87 pickup. I cut 2 of the leaves shorter and added them to the pack. It worked out ok but i'm planning on getting a new set soon.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does the bottom overload have to be removed? I know most I see our jusdt like yours but why? Some I have seen have left them.

Also most say 52's are way too soft for daily driving. Yours must be stiffer with added leafs.