Tech: 88-89 GMT400 Quad Sealed Beam upgrades (Bosch T84 E-code headlights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tosborn82

Reaction score
Even then the 4x6 is slightly bigger than the OEM ones, the ones from LMC truck fit 100% w/o modding, I did also find another company that had them too but I don't remember who they were and I didn't save the link.

Edit:

I would highly recommend Genssi brand they are a subsidiary of Hella.
OK, So I got the last two they had. Are the H7 High and Low beam in LED? (For Example)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily, that's what I have! I'm not sure I'm going to do it, but I figured I ask. I'll take function over form any day.

CzyKats44

Reaction score
I went the 88/89 assembly way with LMC lenses.
After two aftermarket composite assemblies either clouded or flooded over the last 8 years, I bit the bullet. I'm pleased with the outcome of the look, fit and finish. The lighting could be brighter with standard bulbs but when aimed right, they work fine and actually better than the second replacement set of Anzo composites. The lateral vision ok, but augmented by my fogs. (Hipro Power 9006XS 5900k 100Watt bulbs helped with the brightness)

After a cleaning and respray of the buckets:
You must be registered for see images attach

Spraying SEM trim black around the recess:

Test Fit:

Last edited:

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
czyKats, thank you. Good photos. Pretty much the way I'm headed. However, I too, am currently out of luck at LMC. In fact, over the past several days they went from accepting back orders to, "not," accepting back orders for those lamps. Which makes things look worse.