TCI EZ TCU TROUBLE I HAD BUT FIXED NOW.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88 one ton

Reaction score
Just want to give you forum friends a heads up about a issue I had after installing this unit on my 88 chevy dually with a 4l80e conversion.I looked forever online to find this issue with sombody else but it seems to be a lot of other issues and maybe this is the cause of some of them.

The issue was after sitting at a long light in hot weather the trans would go into limp mode,I changed out the internal wiring harness,all the shift solenoids and switches in the trans.That didn't fix it.I noticed when it went into limp mode the tach on the handheld controller would jump all around at idle so I thought it was a rfi issue from my distributor or plug wires,electric fans ect...nope... .Added bigger grounds...nope.

I got fed up and removed the whole system and took the control unit out of the engine bay and put it in the cab and all is good now,apparently the control unit does not like temperatures over 190deg...and it never once threw out a code.

Hoping nobody else has to deal with this issue.