tbi rebuild- couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello
Found those two tiny pieces in a rebuild kit- what are they for?
You must be registered for see images attach

the old injectors have those screws in the middle, the new one don't, does it matter?

and finally- the instructions say to put some 262 loctite on the screws. websites say that this is a permanent threadlocker that can be removed only by heating, some sites say it's for large threads. am i missing something?

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are little black screens that go in the side of the injector body hole, just under where the top big oring goes.As for loctite I dont use loctite on tbi's but the blue removable would be okay to use I suppose but not necessary ,don't use the red for sure.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and finally- the instructions say to put some 262 loctite on the screws. websites say that this is a permanent threadlocker that can be removed only by heating, some sites say it's for large threads. am i missing something?
What screws? I wouldn't put any thread locker on them. I haven't had any come loose before.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are little black screens that go in the side of the injector body hole, just under where the top big oring goes.As for loctite I dont use loctite on tbi's but the blue removable would be okay to use I suppose but not necessary ,don't use the red for sure.

so the new injectors have them already;)

loctite 243 would be ok won;t it?

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New injectors have them and i would spare the loctite and install the torx bolts dry they will be fine . 242 is the one to use if you don't feel comfortable not following the printed sheet instructions.

Last edited: