tbi intake manifold options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the only one I know of. I suppose there are Chinese knockoffs, but I don't have any actual knowledge of 'em.

The early TBI 7.4L used an old low-rise Q-Jet intake plus a huge adapter with a water-jacket and hose nipples to maintain even temperature under the TBI unit.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Just looked at Rock Auto,they have five choices.Did mine many years ago and am pretty sure I used a Fel-Pro set.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No, the intakes all bolt up as far as I know, regardless of a port mismatch. I find it ironic that they make an obvious TBI intake, then go and tell you it doesn't fit the majority of TBI engines. It could be that they're not peanut port?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I've heard the term ''peanut port'' but never really understood what that is.
some one will chime in if I am wrong here but as far as I know big block head ports go like peanut port small oval port large oval port and rectangle port note the rectangle ports are large only and are no good for low and mid rpms they are for high rpms only peanut ports are great to make a torque monster and both the types of oval ports are good for an all around engine