TBI 4l60e to 4l80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the prom adapter, burned the only 5.7 4l80e file that was called out as such on the $0e file library on gearheadefi.com

Works well!
Soon as I Try to go to that page it instantly wants to install something into my browser so I did not enter and look. Was the chip the same as I posted? which was BNKM

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My latest purchase.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you recall early in the thread I said It shifts a bit early for my taste. I believe that is because the speedometer is not accurate. It was not accurate before the swap so I needed one any way along with wanting to change tires and rear gears. This is not needed for the 4l80 swap but it will help with the speedometer correction.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My latest purchase.

If you recall early in the thread I said It shifts a bit early for my taste. I believe that is because the speedometer is not accurate. It was not accurate before the swap so I needed one any way along with wanting to change tires and rear gears. This is not needed for the 4l80 swap but it will help with the speedometer correction.

Do your gears match what was on the ECU from that service truck? What are you re-gearing to?

My truck 5.7 Vortec/4L80 with 4.10s shifts kinda high, but I always assumed that was because of gearing. It kinda shifts like if you have the "tow/haul" mode enabled on the later generation trucks.

The higher revving shifting is good for towing or hauling.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not know what gear the service truck had in it. Also I do not know what gear is in my truck although I do know it came from the factory with a 3.42 but I believe a previous owner has changed them. But the box in the picture sends the information to both the ECU and the speedometer.

I do not believe the vortec trucks used a box like these but I am not certain.

Reaction score
This is a great write up. I was having issues with my TCC locking up way to soon, super close and soft shifts.

Mind you my FI is controlled by Holley but my trans was being controlled by my OBD1. I think the trans was kind of confused.

I installed A USShift transmission controller and was able to adjust my TCC lock up, shift points and Firmness.

So if you ever want to fine tune your Trans thats an option.
How hard is that shift controller to install and tune