TBI 4l60e to 4l80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a extra wire harness from a van. It Is set up for a 4l80e. Would you guys like a picture of where the wires belong if i can work it out? Of course the colors will not be correct. But I can try to point out the locations the wires will come from to where they will be going.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!
Im starting the 60-80 swap in my 95 as well. Unfortunately, ill be burning my own prom for the ecm, as there are NONE to be found around here.

What code are you running? It'll be four letters.
Sorry it took so long. My code is BNKM originally in a service box van with a 350 and the 4l80.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am trying to get pictures of the harness. But my phone does not like that small of detail.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what you start with. But remember some of these wire colors are not accurate in the picture because this is not the harness I modified.
The picture on the left you can see two hooks you will need to slightly pry back to remove the retainer.
pointing at the hooks in this blurry image with a scrwdriver.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what the plug looks like with the retainer removed.

Due to way over lighting and exposure you can not read it but the tab on the upper right of the right picture says E1. and the left E16.
In the LARGE picture below it is hard to make out but the leading edge on my thumb side has numbers that when on the plug line up with the slots/wires.
So if you imagine that retainer back in the plug you can now see that slot E2 and E3 are empty. This is how you can figure out the pin locations. E2 coincidentally is going to be one of the wires you will move.Of course in this picture it is empty because this harness is from a 4l80 equipped van.

Last edited:

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The F side works the same way but the retainer is only slightly different and grey. The wires will not fall out when you remove the retainer if your harness does not have problems. You will need to manipulate the pins to remove them. I used a small flat blade glasses screw driver. You will have to stick the screwdriver or pick in from this side though to release the pins

Last edited:

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is where I inserted the screwdriver to release the pin/wire. In this picture I Inserted it to the right of the metal tab on the pin holding it to the left. Then gently pulled the wire out with the screwdriver still inserted.

This is what the wire looks like when properly released.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score