tandem blazer, tahoe or suburban?? 6 wheel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I ask why?

It's easily doable with enough time and money, but I don't see the point myself. Show car with lots of room for subs?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd ditch the "street" look and go for an offroad design. Line the whole interior. I think it'd look sweet with 6 mud tires haha all solid axles.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on that tahoe 6 wheels conversion you could probably use a suburban back window

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kinda qurious why too. Just because you can?

Now if you had a 3500 dually and towed massive loads I could see a functional reason to have a tandem dually axles because then you'd basically have a semi tractor for pulling lol

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kinda qurious why too. Just because you can?

Now if you had a 3500 dually and towed massive loads I could see a functional reason to have a tandem dually axles because then you'd basically have a semi tractor for pulling lol

if i had to guess id say mostly for the freakin sweet factor, and that its not common

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im sure he want it just to be different, a lot of people dont want cookie cutter rides so i see where he's coming from. i was kicking around the idea of a narrowed axle dually yukon not long ago, not a tandem but 6 wheels tuckin. had a friend with a tandem mitsubish d50 waay back in the day, if you have the resources, do it.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little off topic but there is a guy that builds the gmt400 suburbans and does a dully rear end on some but also does a dully but turns the back after the 4 door into a pick up bed but some still have barn doors. If I can get a pic of one I will post it. I dont seem them very often like 1 maybe 2 a year.

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
Please don't. It was cool in the 80's, but there is a reason you don't see it anymore. There were a couple concept trucks when the 94 Dodge Rams came out that made them look like semi tractors, but even that was almost 20 years ago. In this case, retro isn't cool.