Tall valve covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to need new taller valve covers with my new heads/cam setup. My question is: those of you that have them on your engine did they interfere with your ac compressor and how did you work around it? If the valve covers did not interfere what covers did you use?

Thanks

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Little background on engine/truck please. We need to know what we are talking about putting valve covers on.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My first questions is do you need tall valve covers?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Your heads won't accommodate that amount of lift stock. You'll need to machine the pushrod holes, and run behive springs.

Also, just because it's a XFI doesn't mean you'll be able to run that cam with the stock tune, because you won't.

Don't take this as me thinking you didn't do your research and whatnot first, because I honestly don't know if you did. I'm just putting this out there incase you didn't know.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lets just say he has the heads and tune figured out, is there room for tall valve covers, or will he have to move things?

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your heads won't accommodate that amount of lift stock. You'll need to machine the pushrod holes, and run behive springs.

Also, just because it's a XFI doesn't mean you'll be able to run that cam with the stock tune, because you won't.

Don't take this as me thinking you didn't do your research and whatnot first, because I honestly don't know if you did. I'm just putting this out there incase you didn't know.

I am using different heads that are already built. When all the work is complete I will be doing a dyno tune.

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lets just say he has the heads and tune figured out, is there room for tall valve covers, or will he have to move things?

Exactly, I don't think there will be. One bolt on spot on the accessory bracket will probably have to be ground down and maybe spacers for the other three compressor bolt on spots. I am not sure what to do specifically.

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has no one used taller valve covers with the factory accessory brackets? Or are they not needed? I assumed they would be.