Tailgate handle camera- any other manufacturers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a company who has one, but its out of stock of course. Anyone else know of one ?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whamalart shows the same camera for $20 less, but also not in stock.

It's crazy how many great products we've seen for our vehicles in the last few years that just fade out almost immediately because there aren't enough sales, but they never advertise they have these products for sale. I'll need one of these for Roscoe when I get it running. Hopefully someone else will start producing them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you need it to be in the tailgate handle? A lot of people get the ones that mount with the license plate, should be way easier to find. I'd be a little concerned that an aftermarket camera might not have a durable enough cable and constant use of the tailgate would kill it. the OEM stuff on modern trucks has been tested to at least last through the warranty period.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you need it to be in the tailgate handle? A lot of people get the ones that mount with the license plate, should be way easier to find. I'd be a little concerned that an aftermarket camera might not have a durable enough cable and constant use of the tailgate would kill it. the OEM stuff on modern trucks has been tested to at least last through the warranty period.

Richard
I have one on licensed plate now. Was just thinking out loud If there was one made for handle. i was actually looking for somethin different for my new ’23 cab/chassis f450 with a knapheid box, when the thought of this ol girl came in

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
just my opinion, i used a license plate camera from a company called Boyo. i used them on a couple of my old trucks and they seemed to work the best with picture quality and durability. i bought a Boyo license plate camera and rear view mirror/monitor for my new to me 98. just have to find the time to install it.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The boyo is whats on my daughter’s colorado. I just had to get a new one, she had pinched the wires somehow. Luckily with boyo u can replace judt the camera, and not run all new wiring to radio

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The boyo is whats on my daughter’s colorado. I just had to get a new one, she had pinched the wires somehow. Luckily with boyo u can replace judt the camera, and not run all new wiring to radio
Did you ever buy one?