Tail light circuit boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody running TYC boards? I just swapped out my crap Dormans for some TYC boards. Hope these do better. I put a set of Dormans in my truck on 5/16/19, and had to swap them out 3 times on each side. I had bought the R-L set in the same package. So I swapped them both out tonight, will see if the TYC boards hold up better.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think Dormans are what I have from Orielly that have been the best boards I've ever had.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I put TYC tail circuits in Jan '18 so they have made it this far :).

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a set of those Anzo's for a moment. They have individually wired sockets that pop in similar to the stock park lenses. They're fine with incandescent bulbs, but when I put projector-style LED's in them, they looked googly-eyed due to the positioning, so I ditched em. YMMV but they seem like a decent replacement if you're not dead-set on an OEM appearance.

Richard

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I replaced my boards the first time, I also replaced the lenses. What started this whole thing was, I had a bulb burn out on the passengers side. When I pulled the lens, everything just fell apart. The keeper that the retaining screw for the lens, broke off, then the circuit board crumbled when I pulled the burnt bulb out. I guess 22 1/2 years is about the life if the OE set up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that the right link? I was expecting LEDs.... these look like lenses that need boards.

As mentioned, they take factory incandescent bulbs but eliminate the boards. I run those tails in both of my 97s, love them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
As mentioned, they take factory incandescent bulbs but eliminate the boards. I run those tails in both of my 97s, love them.

I don't know how you're putting bulbs in there without boards.... they look like they're ready for board to be installed.

Edit: It looks like the main pictures are wrong. I looked at the customer pictures, and they are more like what deadbeat posted. Doesn't the boxy area interfere with the mounting?