Tail light circuit boards ?????.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen those and others that probably would have been a more trouble free option, although I kinda like the oem look better. Granted having working light that you don't have to fiddle fart with every 3-6 months is what really would be nice. But I tend to be a cheap ba$turd that will fiddle fart a long time before I break down and spend enough money to finally make the problem go away!

These are the after market kind someone linked to earlier in this string I like since they look like oem, seem to have more reverse side lighting. They have individual sockets that seem like they might not have circuit board fault issues, especially if cooler LEDs were used.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've looked at these a few times, I love the simple plug and play aspect but the brightness of a pair of 3157's can't be beat.

My issue is that when I apply the brake my reverse lights also come on. Do you think the circuit board could cause this issue?

Absolutely, it's all connected through that board.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used the TYC brand. I put two new Lt and Rt on the 93 when bought it, used, the ones on it, cracked oxidized. On the 95 hot summer day the Rt rear tire decided to unpeel the tread and BANG! I thought I had blowout. But tread came off slipped back under over bumper whacked the Rt taillight housing. Stopped to look at tire. Totally smooth with metal ply cord showing. LOL. Wait. Not that funny, lower rear fender bent , broke support rod and broke tailight...great. So another TYC replacement.
The ones I ordered complete assembly, they even had new light bulbs installed.
So 4 for 4, worked good for me.
Good luck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've looked at these a few times, I love the simple plug and play aspect but the brightness of a pair of 3157's can't be beat.

Not sure what you mean by that last part? I run incandescent 3457s in those Anzo 211140 housings, and they're considerably brighter than 3157s. I wouldn't recommend that with the factory tails/circuit boards, the extra current draw of the 3457s is pretty minimal but the factory style circuit boards are fragile already.

I wanted to retain the factory load based flasher system that hyper-flashes if a bulb is burned out, but fine tune it a little. I replaced the front corner marker bulbs with 194 LEDs, and upgraded the tail light bulbs to incandescent 3457s. The result is that the one bulb location which didn't trigger a hyper-flash if it burnt out from the factory (front corner marker 194s) are now LED, and the tail lights are quite a bit brighter, all while maintaining proper operation of the factory flasher circuit.

More info here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/question-regarding-194-leds-in-corner-markers.48075/

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/1996...rade-for-anzo-211140-tail-lights-3457s.59205/

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by that last part? I run incandescent 3457s in those Anzo 211140 housings, and they're considerably brighter than 3157s. I wouldn't recommend that with the factory tails/circuit boards, the extra current draw of the 3457s is pretty minimal but the factory style circuit boards are fragile already.

I wanted to retain the factory load based flasher system that hyper-flashes if a bulb is burned out, but fine tune it a little. I replaced the front corner marker bulbs with 194 LEDs, and upgraded the tail light bulbs to incandescent 3457s. The result is that the one bulb location which didn't trigger a hyper-flash if it burnt out from the factory (front corner marker 194s) are now LED, and the tail lights are quite a bit brighter, all while maintaining proper operation of the factory flasher circuit.

More info here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/question-regarding-194-leds-in-corner-markers.48075/

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/1996...rade-for-anzo-211140-tail-lights-3457s.59205/

We're agreeing, what I meant was those tail lights with pre installed cheap led diodes can't compare to the brightness of a pair of good bulbs. I don't run anything incandescent in mine though, I've had too many idiots almost rear end me not paying attention. I want them to know my lights are on, but that's also why I added the chase bar on top.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're agreeing, what I meant was those tail lights with pre installed cheap led diodes can't compare to the brightness of a pair of good bulbs.

Those Anzo 211140s in Mdare35's post that you quoted don't have pre-installed LEDs though... They use factory size bulbs by default. That's what's got me confused. Were you referring to the LED tails that PlayingWithTBI mentioned?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@351FUN I think I interpreted your original post to be comparing the Anzo 211140s to something else, when you actually were just pointing out their advantages. My mistake, sorry. You can disregard my previous post.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
About $35 each. I’m not into LED myself or chineseum.
That's not bad. I remember the first time we had to replace one, Dad got them at the Chevy dealership because he didn't know the aftermarket had them. Seems like they were around $50 each, maybe more....