Tahoe fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake_Caulley

Reaction score
Leds don't put off the heat like halogens do so you should be ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I noticed that when I tried LEDs in my headlights. Didn't like them for a few different reasons but one that is actually quite irritating is that the lack of heat means snow and ice build up on the lenses in the winter. Definitely suboptimal for winter driving.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed that when I tried LEDs in my headlights. Didn't like them for a few different reasons but one that is actually quite irritating is that the lack of heat means snow and ice build up on the lenses in the winter. Definitely suboptimal for winter driving.
Projector retrofit with HIDs is really the best option for our trucks but it's a good bit of work and can be expensive depending on the components used. A good second is the 9011 and 9012 HIR bulbs coupled with a relay harness for the headlight system to improve voltage to the system.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score

Leds are getting to be fairly inexpensive so ill try a higher wattage n see what kinda heat+ice/snow accumulation i get. If it aint enough heat or too much freeze over ill go with some type of 50~55 watt halogen for the fogs. Never ran anything other than old school bulbs in everything til i got my 98 n im tryin all kinds of stuff to see what performs and/or looks best. Want a nice balance between form n function.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Projector retrofit with HIDs is really the best option for our trucks but it's a good bit of work and can be expensive depending on the components used. A good second is the 9011 and 9012 HIR bulbs coupled with a relay harness for the headlight system to improve voltage to the system.

Ive got my relay and 4hi system runnin for headlights with HIDs in my lows. Built a relay system for my fogs too. Love the output of the headlights but let myself down when i built the fogs with zero adjustments other than whackin the piss outta brackets with a whammer.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got my relay and 4hi system runnin for headlights with HIDs in my lows. Built a relay system for my fogs too. Love the output of the headlights but let myself down when i built the fogs with zero adjustments other than whackin the piss outta brackets with a whammer.
I built my fogs with the 88-89 headlight bucket but kept the adjusters so I still have up, down, and side to side adjustment.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I built my fogs with the 88-89 headlight bucket but kept the adjusters so I still have up, down, and side to side adjustment.

I built mine off the pics u sent me over the summer. I never thought to make room for adjustments n forgot that where i mounted them angled down so kinda screwed myself but lesson learned. I started my automotive addiction in the mini truck world where theres every bolt on imaginable and slowly progresses to custom fabbin my own stuff. Guess we all gotta learn somehow, especially bein the odd man out in the local area. Everyone buys from catalogs with credit cards, i dream up how to use junkyard parts payin cash.