Tackling the inner rocker panel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if there was going to be a 2 week lockdown or not! So I decided to cut out the old rocker and inner rocker to make use of my time! Drop a tip if you have a good one! Stay healthy everyone.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tack welded my rocker to where im comfortable enough to try and fit the door tomorrow..

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having a little trouble getting the can corner backing to match up. You can see in the pictures. I'm just going to cut stretch and reweld once I get it to line up.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did inner and outers on my 89 in January. Don't tack anything until you have all the parts fit up and the door checked. The guy in the video needs to put the welder away until all parts are fit to the door.
Clamps, visegrips, or even a self tapper or two can be used. Get all pieces fitting right, check the door for fit and then you can do some tacking. Keep checking door fit as you go. I fit all mine then welded the back of the inner, blew it apart, dressed the welds and epoxy primed. I then fit the outers, again checked the door, welded what I could, dressed those welds. epoxied under the cab corner, fit the cab corner, checked door, welded cab corner, blew it apart, finished welds up front, dressed welds and moved on to the "paint shop".

I added an extra 1 1/2" hole in the backside near the cab corner to get rustproofing in, A plastic plug in the hole allows me to add more in a few years.

You are using aftermarket panels you will need to massage them to get them to fit. I had OEM and still needed a few adjustments. It is metal, you can cut, bend weld etc.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto on what tech says. Screw and or clamp everything together and get the door back on it to check fit. Take your time welding. Skip around. Stuff can draw up and move around if you burn one plug weld next to another all the way down a panel.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool the door fit really well! I few touch ups and I will weld the rest of the rocker!